Legless Lizard? ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More pics

Hey guys, while we are trying to ID legless lizards can anyone offer help with these really shi.te photos i took tonight. In all my excitement i couldnt stop my bloody hands from shaking wouldve helped if i didnt have to use the other hand to hold the spotlight. He had little flap like limbs and very cute.

Again, i know the photos are crap so i don't need to hear how better pics would help. I just couldn't stop my hands from shaking.

Simone.

Last edited:
Look Simone, I can't be sure, but from the first pic, I think... maybe...it's a human hand?? I could be wrong though...

Ha ha ha ha ha smart ar.se.

I can't believe how **** the pics turned out. i should have held onto him, checked hte pics were ok and if they were then move him off the road lol.

Salebrosus,

I'm not too crash hot with ID'ing leg-less lizards..
But looks like it might be a Anomalopus sp..

??????? you found something you have never seen before and you didn't study every detail, just took the worst pics I have seen ;)

LOL looking at the Field Guide to Qld i think its Anomalopus verreauxii.

Thanks for your support Jason ;)

Yes it did have front legs, i didnt consider that one as the Qld guide shows it being a bit further inland from Hervey bay. This guy was found 1km from the Mary River, the same road i check out every night. But it definately had front legs, another one of my ****ty photos didnt show it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back