Levis eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lgotje

Reaction score
Hi guys came Hme to find 2 levis eggs one weighing in at 3 grams the other weighing in at 2 grams any ways I only have perlite can I use that and if so wats the measurements?

Congratz mate :). Yous 50/50 - what ever the weight of the perlite is put the same weight of water.

I currently only have 1 egg in the cooker. But 2 of my girls should be dropping soon.

Cheers kyle

Nice mate! I hope to see mine fattening up with eggs soon..

As Smithers said, that's a good way. But, for an easier and quicker alternative, great for unexpected eggs, I use sand, and works great. If you ever do it, I find 50/50 is too wet, but 70/30 works well.

Nice mate! I hope to see mine fattening up with eggs soon..

As Smithers said, that's a good way. But, for an easier and quicker alternative, great for unexpected eggs, I use sand, and works great. If you ever do it, I find 50/50 is too wet, but 70/30 works well.

I was wondering the other day if sand if any good. I have 3 containers of vermiculite in the incubator. Would it do anything to the vermiculite tubs if i put the next set of eggs to in another tub of sand?

i saw my girl last week say no 2 my boy and im quite pleased i have 7 eggs in the cooker , the first 2 were infertile and 1 of the others went mouldy.. seems like quite a few eggs compared to others on here but she is a big girl =P

You mean separate containers, but same incubator? I believe that'd be fine. I don't use incubators to be honest, I will be this season, but the last two seasons, I just placed the tub with the eggs and all straight onto a heat mat, and raised the level or decreased the sand level to get the right temp.

OK, thats what i do with my gecko tube in the summer rather than using an incubator i just rise the tub to get the temperatures.

But yes i'm expecting 2 more eggs in 4 weeks, so ill just put some sand in a take away container, then in the incubator it goes.

You mean separate containers, but same incubator? I believe that'd be fine. I don't use incubators to be honest, I will be this season, but the last two seasons, I just placed the tub with the eggs and all straight onto a heat mat, and raised the level or decreased the sand level to get the right temp.

Did u have any problems doin this??

Just not their time i guess. Its mines first year and only a wear old, popes 6 eggs and 2 more coming :)

Nah, no problems at all. Works very well. Though using the green type heat mats from URS seem to work better then your laminated black and clear ones. I really can't think of any problems, just that you have to raise or decrease the sand level to get the right temps. And that the water can heap on the lid, just wipe it off and your as good as gold. I've had a 100% successful hatch rate so far.

As the only incubator I have is set for snake eggs, so its set a bit hotter then levis eggs need, that's why I do it with that method.

Seems that I'm missing out too. I have a female, that just won't do a thing, the other normally goes at it, it's hard to stop her, but nothing from her yet. I've had all my males and females kept separate for a few weeks now, to get them back to prime condition after winter, just put them back together today, so
hopefully they do what's needed.

ive had my male and female since june and they are alwayz kept together, whenever the boy walks past the girl he gives her a few kisses then keeps going and as u can see from my avatar they are alwayz cuddling up 2 eachother lol. these are my first reptiles but it seems these 2 arent needed to be seperated, i just recently used my blue light once the day light goes off to simulate summer night until 10pm and that seems to have stopped them breeding =) i feel very lucky im trying to stop mine and others are having probs =( i hope it improves fellas! :) also my girl has had eggs every 2 weeks and 1-3 days like clockwork and she hasnt looked like she is getting thinner at all ... she eats like 6 medium woodies every 2 days lol my boy only eats 2 every 4 days but he is alot smaller

Nice mate, that's awesome. To be honest, a small separation for a week or so is needed, especially after that much breeding.

My female used to be like that though, got 8 eggs in one season, but so far nothing, I might go check them now. I'm excited to see what's happening, I've switched my usual pairing around, my hypo male is with the original female, who will normally give me eggs, and the original male, hoping for him to brush some charm
onto the uninterested female :)

i cant wait til i have a few different types but tbh i really want amyae's n wheeleri's, 2 bad im in w.a =\

haha charm... you mean wiggle his little tail and bite her to show he is THE man haha :p they r so funny, im glad i found out that the boy biting isnt bad cause i would have seperated them straight away if i hadnt known but it does make sense in the wild.. i might never see you again so your mine ;P

That sucks! I am hoping to get some wheeleri, Asper, Amaye and the Starred knobtails I believe their called. It'll all be achieved one day.

Haha, yeah, and when shedding, they can sometimes look like a dog scratching their head.

ive seen a few piccy's of them scratching their head but only seen my female all white n just about to shed .. never seen any skin when cleaning tho so guessing they've been eating it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back