Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would LOVE to eventually get a blue phase green tree snake, they are amazing! But the greens are very nice too!

Are they very flighty??
I guess they are from the replies, or are they ok to handle?

i have handled wild tree snakes with no probs, if you do have a flighty one it would be a look dont touch sort of snake, like any elapid

upgrade is more then just cost you need to have had your rec licence for at least 2 years

This is not true.
Not to upgrade for womas and gtps.

really? is that only to upgrade to a ven permit? i wouild like to upgrade next season

Cost is around $160, and you apply by writing a letter stating you want to upgrade your licence to restricted non-venomous. EPA then processes and contacts your local ranger who will call or sometimes visit you and he/she will approve/deny your application. This is for womas and gtps (aust sp) NOT vens. I believe to upgrade to vens is a far more in depth process with a lot of specifics required including 2 references.

Ashleigh:];791669 said:
I would LOVE to eventually get a blue phase green tree snake, they are amazing! But the greens are very nice too!

Are they very flighty??

They are generally very flighty when first picked up (both with captives and wild snakes) after a little bit they seem to calm down and stop thrashing and seem to accept they have been caught and can be handled without much trouble. They will never be happy to just sit on you as a python would (well it more just that a python doesnt have the option of escaping) and you really need to have your hands and eyes on them at all times or they could easily escape. If you grab their tails they can thrash around and damage themselves too. Some will also bite and use stink defence sometimes.

Catching them can be difficult because they are so fast.

They would probably get tamer if you handle them often, but they will still be able to take off very quick if they feel like it.

I only handle mine to take pics or for other times when its needed(cleaning etc.)

Ashleigh:];791669 said:

Are they very flighty??

yeh good 2 handle just like with any other python or snake u just handle them and they get used of u.
and yeh they are very quik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back