Light backgrounds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_k

Reaction score
So I've just picked up a 3 door wardrobe for my next enclosure project. I've Built one from scratch and keen to try a fix up. The wardrobe is going to be a duel enclosure, double doors for my Murray darling and the single side for, fingers crossed, a green tree snake. The wardrobe stands about 2 metre tall by about 1.4 maybe 1.5 metre wide and a half metre deep. Now i've had a crack at making a background before with success by using foam and grout and pondtite. This time around though I want to make the background a perminate background in the enclosure but somehow keep it light because of the sheer size of the enclosure. So what I'm wondering is does anyone have any smart ideas. I was thinking of epoxy resin, more so after seeing just_plain_nuts enclosures (wow), although I have done alot of looking around but can't find to much info on how I would go about it. Any advice or links would be great. Or any better ideas would be appreciated! Not to worried about prices as it's a long term project, I'd rather get it perfect or die trying =P

I've been intrigued for a while with the resin/fiberglass backgrounds, but haven't had much chance to check any info.

I'd suggest starting with google / YouTube. I've heard it can be nasty stuff as far as fumes go. When I get chance I'll help and do some hunting, it's worth knowing the pros and cons of it

I've had a bit of a look around and found a couple of interesting things, but not much in depth. I'm curious what to use as a base, or whether your meant to use a mold. Or even coloring it... How?? =P

Anyone else have any input? All I seem to be able to find is stuff about making molds for fake jewelry =P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back