Light cages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy.robbo

Reaction score
In the process of building a new enclosure for my bredli and am using lamps for heating, was just wondering what clearance I should have between the mesh and the lamp so the mesh itself won't get hot enough to cause burns.
I am using Reptifx 75w infrared lamps.
Thanks in advance.

Robbo

Mine aren't that far (maybe only a couple of inches) and they are fine. I searched for light cages on ebay then just used those dimensions to make my own

I was looking on ebay and found two common dimensions. The smaller ones would fit snugly but only have about 20mm on each side of the lamp whereas the wider ones would be way too long, nearly twice the length of the fitting and lamp.
The lamps are 80mm diameter and 110mm long. I was really wondering if 20mm each side would be sufficient as I would assume most heat is emmitted downward.

Robbo

They should be alright since like you said it's mostly aimed downwards with the proper reptile globes. That's the beauty of making your own though. If you're worried just make them a little bigger

My light cages have very little clearance on the sides, prob 20mm. Havent had a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back