Light help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen someone do this before and they had a party globe in the light holder.dimmed owed when the heater was on (dimming thermostat) so was bright when the heater was going flat out. And dim or off when it was at desired temp.

Show me a pic of your thermostat.

The tube is meant to light the tank obviously.

No light for a week isn't a big deal. I don't have any lights in my enclosures. They just get light from the window and sometimes the room light.

I know it is, but I just want something so he had light for the week I'm not here with him

=\ It's already been a couple days without. I've been taking him outside into the sun though too

Lol. He doesn't need light he'll be fine :) Put a desk lamp near the enclosure if it makes you happy or leave the room light on.

Ok so that's a basic on off wall thermostat. The only reason it wouldn't work is if the wring has come loose. If the heater is working then it's not wired in series.

I plugged it all back in momentarily and the fluoro flashed for a second... seems I need an electrician =\

=\ Any advice on what to do about his lack of light for the week?

Lack of artificial light for a week is not going to hurt. I would assume it is going to be getting some natural light anyway, even if it's only subdued light it's still going to be plenty.

Nope =\ I did but it seems my house-mate stole it..

I plugged it all back in momentarily and the fluoro flashed for a second... seems I need an electrician =\
I'm a sparky, but a bit far away.
The fitting is a bit dodge anyway. Don't use it IMO. However id leave a blown globe in the holder so no live pins are exposed for a snake to come in contact with. It's not designed to be for light. You don't connect a light to your thermostat. It's there for a party globe to show the snake at night or for a bit of extra heat IMO. The tube is there for light only.

Don't stress though. Stimi's are mostly nocturnal. It won't mind a week of subdued daylight during the day. It will be in its hide that time of day anyway.

That's all I got. Sorry jax.

Alright, a dead globe is in as well as a cage around it.

Can't thank you enough for the help

And he's a central carpet :p

Steal it back !

Sorry, I'll get back to my coffee :)
hahaha

Just a thought ... Is it a screw in or a bayonet (push and twist) cos it doesn't look like its sitting in there too straight, I just thought if its a bayonet and it's not seated right it could cause similar non results ?

I was bored so I saved and enlarged the pic :)

Cage would have been enough. It was set up for an extra heat globe. Maybe it got disconnected at some stage. Backyard DIY wiring is dangerous. Worth getting a sparky to look it over.

thanks for the assistance Snowman. at least now Lyric has a starting point to getting it fixed. but i may have ruined your reputation for being an 'Iceman' :p

Oh screw in. Perhaps the back pin is broken or not making contact with the bottom of the globe.

Will do as soon as I can, my poor little guy wasn't being too well looked after it seems :( his tank was so filthy and smelly when I got it.. had nothing in there either =\

Though his hide and climbing tree are in the same log he never used his hide... he seems to prefer showing off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back