lighting for a 4x2x2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redline

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well i am finshing off my cage dis weekend.if i go with a 100w light would it be warm enough i have a bhp going in there.

Redline.... I atm have a 4ft x 40cm x 40cm fish tank. I have a 100 watt red globe in it. It is on a Dimming Thermostat... During the winter is was on half strength during the day....And at night raises up a bit brighter/warmer. During the summer it is only barely coming on at all during the day and only a lil bit at night to Maintain 30 Deg in the middle of the tank... Might give you an idea....

And Melbourne does get a bit colder than up here on the Goldie/Bris.

africancichlidau said:
In a 4x2x2 the best source would probably be a 50W radiant heat panel from the Herp Shop.

how does it work.

Its like a ceramic heat emitter Methinks. Expensive but longlasting. I use low wattage heat mats (30x30cm) in my 4x2x1.5 and a fluro tube for light. The Thermostate still clicks them off as they get too warm. This is brissie climate I am talking about. In a 3ft tank that is 50 cm high I have a 40W bulb running and the thermostat set at about 33C and is still clicking off.

For summer you wont need much wattage at all, Winter I use 75 to 100W bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back