lighting for lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markinaus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am just starting with lizards and am ken to get advice on best lights.
my understanding from reading that uva auvb are needed.

What do people use the ,comercial reptile fluro.tubes.
[/b]

Hi Markinaus - welcome to APS.

I use a OzBright 100w globe which provides UVA/B and heat from my central beardie.

HOWEVER - there is no substitute for natural sunlight.

I have read on this site that 8 hours of artificial light = 5 min from the sun.

Even on a cloudy day your lizards will get UVA and UVB from the sun - so try to get your lizards outside for 20min once a week...

good luck!

regards

Alex.

Oh yeah - See Matt from Animal Attraction he has good prices on Ozbights and delievers aus wide. (and is very helpful also!)

g'day mark, as alex said welcome to the group!!
what kind of lizards have you got or are you getting (does that make sense?).
i have 4 central beardies which at the moment are in a smallish tub... so i use a spot light for warmth and for uv i take my little fellas out (well i try to) once a day for about 10-20 mins.. when they move into there bigger enclosure they will get a uv fluro tube as well as a normal spotlight for there basking spot... but i will still be taking them out for natural sunlight cos as alex said nothing beats it!!
and once again as alex said (hahahah) see matt from animal attraction he's very helpful!! (g's alex we must think alike) here's his website http://www.animalattraction.com.au
hope that helps..
Megz

lighting

k thanks for help.I have been toying with in door out doors enclosure .It sounds like both woul be the go.I have Gippland water dragon at moment a a few coastal pythons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back