Lighting suggestions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
So got an awesome buy off ebay last night and picked it up this morning. its only 1200 high, and has a really nice top to it, so was wondering about how we are going to go about the basking lamp. can you come in from the back and do a basking light? pic is below. any suggestions would be super :)

IMG_0360.jpg

I bought an angled cage an licht socket for my enclosure from the uk, through eBay. I done it from the side but I'm sure it'd work just as well on the back =P

ooo yes, that would work. although, the heat would be directed at the front of the tank then, and the basking spot would only get side heat. could another possibility be something like the pic below? that way you could point them all in the same spot and connect it to some kind of arm. would there be an issue though with the snake wrapping itself around the light fitting? It would be smaller of course, prehaps with only 2 - 3 lights.

light.jpg

You can do as Ben from Stein Enclosures does, use gimbled downlights and angle them in the direction required.

There are two types of downlights - fixed and gimbled. Fixed points the light downwards, straight down. Gimbled allows you to turn the light to angle it. "Gimble" is just a term used to describe the mechanism used to rotate/direct the light beam.

if your handy enough i use a metal/ceramic dual spotlight (es) fittings and build custom cages for them. works incredibly well in tall enclosures where space is everything, Im also a technician so i do all my own wiring etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back