lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering what sort of heat lighting people are using for example a 4ft cage cheers

depends what animals and if ther is thermostat. for my beardies i dont use a thermostat and they have a 75 watt reflector in their enclosure, they have a hot spot that is about 35-40 and the further away the cooler it is, down to room temp at the other end, mind you my enclosure is very well ventilated. if it was on a thermotat i would use a 40-60 watt bulb that way it isnt turning on and off so many times a day

I am using a 60 watt reflector with a thermostat set on 30 degrees in the centre of the cage. I hae just changed to this following using 60 watt ceramic in th eupper cage for a frillie and a 40 watt blue light in th ebottom for a bluey. the reason for the change is that I now have a baby lacie in th elower cage and want a basking spot. If I re made the cages I would put the thermostat at the cooler end of the cage. I guess the type of lighting/heating you use is determined by what you are keeping in the cage.

i just ment in gereneral, i have tried alot of lighting/heating eg e.s, bc sockets, heat light, reflector globes, 40w party globes as i am sick of purchasing new lights an then they blow within a few weeks. i guess im just interested in seeing what sort of heating set ups fellow herp enthusiasts have. also i have read that its best to have a photo period for breeding snakes so i was after globes that when the u.v switches off (night time) are dark so there is that "day and night"setting.

We where sick of how quick the globes blew as well so we changed to a ceramic, we have found it very good!

(Just don't drop them on the driveway as you get out of the car, expensive lesson!)

We have a seperate uv light.

We where sick of how quick the globes blew as well so we changed to a ceramic, we have found it very good!

i have considered these bulbs myself, im just curious do they ever burn out or do they just last forever?

Been going strong for about six months at least. I think they are supposed to last aprox. 25,000 hrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back