Liquid Nails Toxicity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mummabear

Reaction score
Just wondering how safe liquid nails is when slightly heated after setting. I am making some slate hides for Nephrurus Amyae. So it will only be heated to a maximum of low 30's. Will it give off any toxic fumes at this level? The stuff i purchased was low odour.

i think it will be fine , as long as its left to cure for a week . i havnt had any issues with my slate hides in my enclosures , and they are in the basking area.

i use it in putting my enclosures together wit screws ofcourse but its painted over no probelm here i know thats not much help are you using a sealer over the slate?

i guess maybe get a material safety data sheet an see what is actaully in it

Most paints, glues and sealants are safe as long as you let them cure, dry and air them well (longer than recommended on the tin / tube).

Your right to ask, and agree that there should be no problem once allowed to dry and cure. The only problems I've heard of regards specimens exposed to liquid nails well before it has dried and set (within a couple of days of application) resulting in toxicity.

my hubby is a carpenter and has said there are water based and mineral based types ...the water based one would be the one to use in this situation ...

Thanks for the help guys. Couldn't find on the instructions if it was water or chemical based. So went and found the Safety data sheet. It says that it is water based. All looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back