Little Rat Theif!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was just up in the rat shed topping up water, food etc and when I went to connect the garden hose there was this little fella sitting there!

Probably hunting down a couple of the escapee rats! :p

also, realised i spelt thief wrong in the title!

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
How did it get in the tub??? lol

If one more carpet python eats another one of my Avery cockiteals I am going to swap the cockitals with a perentie and see how they like it then!!!

bloody heat has brought out alot of carpets!

just put it in that overnight and ill let it go in some nearby bush tomorrow morning.....

i would say a perentie will solve all your problems! =)

You should just let it go back in the shed... it's not like it will be the only one... and besides it will eat any rats that escape so the neighbors don't freek if they see a black and white rat!!

A prentie would solve the prob of pesky kids as well ;)

I know it might just come back, or another will take its place, but pretty much every house in the street (me included) has a dog or cat and we back onto bush for the army reserve so will just drive a few streets away and let it go in bushland. The thought of having a mobile rat trap in the shed did cross my mind though!

K. I really do not see the point of removing it. It will be out when the dogs are asleep. and get big enough to nail the cats. win.win.
(The cats that are let out at night I mean- I am not a fan of peoples pets getting killed)

just put it in that overnight and ill let it go in some nearby bush tomorrow morning.....

i would say a perentie will solve all your problems! =)
He'll be back! I woke up this morning to discover a bts in a tub and had eaten two mice. Then i found a little carpet that hangs around my house which i have relocated many times {further and further} had once again returned and filled its gullet with my supermice. I took away in the car this time.

Not bad looking for a wildie Dave....give h it a feed and let it go in the bush......

Found another one tonight! Must be the other ones bigger brother. Was contemplating leaving this one up there but the wife put a quick stop to that idea. Might not tell her about the next one......Off to the bush for this fella.

I was never too keen on coastals but they are slowly growing on me. One or two in nice outdoor aviaries could be cool.....

Attachments

• IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 221
hey dave, nice to be popular, with the herps that is ...cheers baden

why is it in a click clack as if your keeping it? would prefer to see it in the natural environment.

Why do you people insist on implying people intend to poach animals they find and photograph. Poor form IMO!

Lol, nice second find David, there are some cracker coastals living in your area you lucky bugger! I've been breeding rats for about 3 years now and have still not had one single visitor. I set up a mate with a breeding colony, for his missus' snake, he ended up with 2 coastals, a RBB, and a huge bloody lacie in his shed! I have to move out of suburbia!

Snake_whisperer the lacy would have been fun to get out of the shed

Very nice looking wild coastals! Lucky you to have such nice wildlife in the backyard.

baden - ive got to be popular with someone/something! haha

snake_whisperer - i do live in the middle of suburbia - about 8klms from the city but i do back onto an army reserve which is mostly bush which helps! Ive seen more snakes here than out at our 180acres near warwick.

hell yeah stu! And also some beers in between the herping!

count me in mofos! nice carpets, we don't get visitors in sydney except children selling chocolates, though i do love chocolate, hmmmmm.
be right back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back