Live plants in tanks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
suppose this like many things have been done to death, but i bought a sword fern bout 2 weeks ago for my EWD tank which has great ventalation. the tank sits at about 29 on the warm end and bout 22 on the cool end( where i put the fern) and after a day or two it looked a bit shadey then died in the pants over the next few days.... its on life support atm, i put it out the back with all my other pot plants..

Im a good enough gardener as i have really good veggies and fruit going but for the life of me cannot understand why it died... do i need some sort of light for the plant? is the uv to strong? i like fake plants but i would thing the dragons would like some natural plants and stuff. please help. :)

Toby

Plants are harder than most herps to keep alive... humidity / lighting / temp ... big nightmare :D
Not to mention a WD would crush most smaller plants.

Heres some of my enclosures atm

5d38e731.jpg

0eab1ce9.jpg

bf3d809f.jpg

f3d66be3.jpg

Wow, those really look incredible!!

Care to share some tips? What kind of flourescent tubes do you use, and how do you solve drainage problems in a glass tank? Are they drilled at all?

I would love to be able to have something like that for my frog tanks.

OMFG... well mr ive got awesome live tanks... whats your secret?? hmm?? please do tell because thats gotta be one of the best examples of live plants in tanks ive seen.. a few of them have no reptiles in i would assume??

Wow I'm about to build a GTP tank ready for this time next year, please share some tips they look fantastic.

could you do a DIY thread to creating one of those tanks??? pretty please? and what plants are you using with what care??
Cheers

i would also love to see a DIY thread on one of those tanks absolutely amazing

Damn that is impressive. I always wondered about smaller types of plants that you might be able to use in enclosures. Especially when I had some Mantids.

At one stage i had a plant or weed sort of thing growing in my Scorp tanks. And the little tub I had the Marbled Geckos in. No idea why though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back