Lizard at the melbourne zoo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syeph8

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday ladies and gents,
My housemate went to the zoo, and saw a lizard he quite liked. he asked me what it was and described it to me and i told him itwas probably a green iguana. He then found this pic for me on the internet, its just labelled "lizard" and was taken at the Melbourne zoo. can anyone tell me what it is?

green lizard.jpg
i retrieved this image from
spaceball.gif
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jules1969/2967753812/

thanks guys

Sye

thanks fellas, was driving me crazy, i was typing in every type of dragon i could think of into google images

Yeah, they're pretty cool. Kinda look like an Eastern Water Dragon crossed with a green iguana and a sail boat.

Also known as the Jesus lizard I think, as when they are juveniles they can run on the surface of water! Check out Stephen Daltons pictures of them running on water. Just amazing!

Plumed basilisk. There are a few species.

ta mate, not big up on my exotics (or lizards for that matter) but glad others take a keen interest. gorgeous fellas, been doing a bit of research on them since this post. quite a beautiful lizard arent they? kinda feel like goin to see them in their natural habitat now, watching that watter running thing would be amazing. goes to show its been too long since ive been to the zoo. anyone want to take me? :p

Harry Potter killed one of those! :p

you have always been hilarious moose! god forbid you ever quit drinking! :p

but this brings me to my next contemplation... a basilisk is a mythological snake... so why is it also the name of a dragon? im confused!

that is a male Basliscus plumifrons, double Crested basilisk or Jesus Christ Lizard

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back