Lizard suggestions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abbott75

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Mum wants to convert one of my old broken 6ft fishtanks into a planted feature and could like some kind of lizard to live in there. It would need to to be hardy and able to live outside in NSW (no heating).

My thought was eastern water skink, but are there any other options I should be considering? we'd prefer a small colony of something.

Adam

a fish tank will get way to hot outside with lizards in it

a fish tank will get way to hot outside with lizards in it

It isn't a standard glass tank, it's made of fibreglass with a few glass viewing windows, no lid, and will be kept in an outdoor entertaining area (under cover).

ohhhhh ok, maybe some angle headed dragons?

A small group of Eastern Water Skinks, that like each other, would be good in a six foot planted feature but if the fiberglass is not completely smooth they may be able to climb out. They can leap from plants to get out if there is no lid so it should have good high sides with plants no where near the top.
Is the outdoor area closed off from potential predators? You may lose the lot to cats, rats or birds.

find out what lizards are local to your area.

believe beardies and bluey's will be fine in this cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back