Look at this two.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they certainly look like nice examples of a coastal/diamond hybrids....... iv never seen coastal with yellow spotting on scales like diamonds

I have seen very similar coastal that other people have and they are not crosses.
Some people called it striped coastals if i calling it correctly.
Some one told me that it can be that incubation temp was a bit high and that was an egg on the top.
Bloke who sold it to me told me that he knows full backgourd of his parents and he is not a cross.
i am not going to mention any names.

Pure McDowelli just don't have those head patterns, and the neck and tail look more Dimond than McDowelli.

Yes incubation temperatures can cause striping but the stripes aren't what people are looking at here. I must admit I have never seen a coastal that looks like that.

I also have a friend who in his days used to work very close with Australian museum and done a lot of field work. I had him over my place one day and asked him to look at him. he said that his is a pure and he has seen very similar in the past ( pattern and colour ).

I reckon they are nice looking carpets whatever they are.

Yes, they will mate earlier in the year sometimes, and ultimately ovulate later in the year if your lucky.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking snake and if you are happy with it that's all that matters all I am saying is to me it looks like an intergrade and others tend to agree.

pure or not i think its a great looking snake and when they breed ill be in for a pair of hatchys if thay look anything like him .thanks fly for showing the pic

Sure looks like a diamond got lucky there somewhere along the line! Look at the head patterning as stated it screams diamond.

None the less thats a ripper of a snake id be happy to have it in my collection. Be good to see how the offspring turn out

im not drilling anyone and the male looks farking stunning..... i just dont want hybrids sold as pure or we get ppl that breed theyre thought to be pure coastal to another pure coastal and they sell theyre offspring as pure.... and then the oiffspring from them and so on n so forth and the offspring afew gens down the trak wont look much different until u get a genetic throwback...... and ultimately this sort of thing happens to much and it "pollutes" the pure gene pools we have thats why i tend to stay away from carpets n stick to my olives scrubs colubrids n elapids :p

I am not an expert in any way or shape that is why i asked people before i bought him just to make sure that i won't be crossing any more. By the way if you read my original thread for sale i cleary say that the only reason why I end up with hatchies is because both my original animals were sex as two male and i kept them together to find eggs in my cage.

We all here to learn and thats why i'd ask this question because in books that i have it says that coastals start breeding in august to september and the same female didn't start to breed last year until later and layed a clutch of eggs in Jan or feb 05.

G'day fly2high,

It's not surprising to see matings this time of the year, some do mate early and some later, good luck with them, regardless if they are pure or not they are attractive looking animals in my opinion. here's a pics of my coastals mating for the last week or so.

All the best!
Joel

Fly2high. I wouldn't get too fussed about whether or not they are pure coastals (which I doubt). I like snakes that look good and I reckon yours look great.

i have a female coastal that looks just like that, and i have seen the parents, they were pures, and looked nothing like her. her mum just threw some awesome hatchies.

N.B. no she is not still a hatchie, she is 2.

i must admit, minedoes not have "diamond rosettes" on the tail though.

-same head patterns but.

azztech if u read what i said u can have an animal who somewhere down his linage was crossed and they can indeed throw back a vary werid looking animal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back