Look at this two.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the offspring afew gens down the trak wont look much different until u get a genetic throwback

Maybe that's why it's parents were thought to be pure coastals...because they looked it? Did you ever see the parents of these guys when you got them?

With it looking so much like a diamond (in terms of the high yellow), I wouldn't think that anyone could say it's pure coastal just from looking at it! Don't get me wrong, I think they look awesome but you see pics of coastals everywhere and I've never seen one that looks like those guys! Jmo anyway :p

I dont think people realise what they say when they talk about pure bloodlines in captivity!!!! There is no such thing. If you did not catch them in the same area yourself and bred them yourself, then there is very little chance that they can be pure. And guess what, its illegal to catch snakes in the wild, although i have no doubt it happens!! All you can do is try and guess from seeing previous snakes from that area and make an educated guess about the origin. Carpet pythons have been bred in captivity for decades in Oz and i doubt it very much that pure animals are being bred still. There is too much gene contamination. The animals around might resemble animals from certain areas but i can guarantee you their genetics are not pure anymore!!!

There's still plenty of people with pure animals and breedig them,athough i would say those animals or at least one is a intergrade or diamond coastal hybrid.

Have to agree the gee pool i captivity would be very messy,this being a perfect example of how easly it happes...

Dont you agree though. You would really have to almost know the person who caught it in the first place, to really know where it came from. Would be nice to cross that snake with something else I have. I like those little almost circles on the side!!

Dont you agree though. You would really have to almost know the person who caught it in the first place, to really know where it came from.
Yep i totally agree ad there are quite a few people with origial localities of their cb stock.

Look at this two

Good looking carpets,they look like some ive seen from west lizmore that have the nice yellow,tell me if they lay ide be interested Fly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back