Look what followed me home... from Burma :shock:

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful patterns.

I promise, I will be responsible with the decision of what to do with her when I return home. I wouldn't have taken her on if I wasn't prepared for that part of it. But right now, on day one of owning her, I'm just not exactly sure what the best option will be.

I lived in Japan for four years, only just got back to Australia recently. While I was there I was tempted to buy some Leopard Chamelons which were popular over there. But came to the conclusion that it would be irresponsible to buy as the committment would not outlive the lizards.

Gorgeous! I don't think I'd be game to get something that'll get that large though haha :) Then again, I've never even kept a little Antaresia before!

Beautiful patterns.

I lived in Japan for four years, only just got back to Australia recently. While I was there I was tempted to buy some Leopard Chamelons which were popular over there. But came to the conclusion that it would be irresponsible to buy as the committment would not outlive the lizards.

I appreciate where you're coming from. Each to their own, I guess :)

I bet you feel a little more at home with her as company : ) She's stunning!...Don't sweat the rehoming just yet, enjoy your time with her we all know you will do the right thing with her when it's crunch time - might even teach some locals a thing or two while she's with you ...wishful thinking I know : p
Keep posting pics I'm intregued to see how fast she will grow :)

I would of thought at that size she would be very young still maybe a 1-1.5 year old? Im very jealous, they are such a great snake. I have only ever had a couple of hours with them but enjoyed every minute of it.

i'd say at that size shes probably around 6 to 8 months old, not even a year yet, they can get to around 6 to 7ft in the first year, very nice patterns though, :)

Thanks, nblade! Would she be that big if not being fed much though? Either way, can't be too old...

Nice Burmese Kristy, I myself would jump at the opportunity to care for one, even if only for a short time. Hopefully a long term arrangement can be found for such a wonderful creature.

Hope you find someone nice to take her/him over there so you can viset and see how big it gets , very awesome snakes they are , I am half tempted to move OS so I can keep alot of the awesome snakes we can't legaily keep in OZ.

Thanks, nblade! Would she be that big if not being fed much though? Either way, can't be too old...

with slower feeding would grow slower, but by looking at her size and shape i'd say definately less then a year, nice normal burm though,

So, I gave her a soak last night, since she was so dehydrated and saggy-skinned. She'd had no water in the wire cage she was in where I found her, and I imagine she'd probably been in there for some time.

Anyway, I never knew such a small creature could take in that much water in one go! She didn't mind being in the water at all - she'd do a lap of the container, and then sit still and gulp for about 30secs, and then another lap or two, and then another 30sec gulp. I think she did that about 5 or 6 times - I could see the water level dropping :shock:

Anyway, watched her have a swim and drink for about 20mins - she seemed quite happy ducking and diving and blowing bubbles, and then let her out for a bit of an explore on the chair. She was a lot more interested in her surroundings last night, lots of tongue flicking and moving around a bit more. Still very chilled out.

Eventually, she made her way over onto the bed, and we watched some episodes of Scrubs while she warmed up a bit.

Thighs make good heat mats ;)

photo2-3.jpg

nice!!!! You could always relocate over that way & import your aussie Snakes there..
I'd have wanted to give it a good home as well Sucker for in need of a good home critters me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back