Look what i found at work today when i opened up a box of bananas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....update on froggie.....i rang the dse and they said i needed to speak to a wildlife officer about the situation, so they transferred me to him and he said that he is quite happy for me to keep him but i just need to get permission in writing from the dse....lol...the first people i spoke to, that transferred me to him....go figure...
He said i just need to fax them the letter explaining the situation and letting them know his detals and that he has approved it and they will fax me back a reply....so will type it up today and see what happens from here....
Will let you know the outcome....

Update on froggie.....he is doing well, has started eating crickets,
still no reply from the dse, gonna ring them again tomorrow.

he seems to have an odd looking growth on his back in the first picture... :)

Its probably just the camera angle coz you cant see it in the second pic....(well i cant anyway....if anyone wants to correct me feel free, as i am not a frog expert yet, still learning)

and at this stage we are keeping him, just waiting for the official paperwork from the dse.

well good on you for setting him up right, calling the appropriate authorities etc.
With the amount of people that just try to keep them in a fish tank without heating etc. and without calling the proper authorities its nice to see someone doing it right.

he seems to have an odd looking growth on his back in the first picture... :)
He looks pretty normal to me, just very thin.
We have them popping into our place quite a bit.
Enjoy they are very entertaining!

Hi Kellie, How is frog going? He looks much healthier than my rescue.... mine was black all over, got a bit necrotic and never ate. Has he fattened up? Can you post more pics?

Cheers,

Kate

if you are still having issues with feeding, try feeder fish maybe as well? if he doesnt eat them, then you just have a couple of guppies in there for display. win-win.
didnt have a good look at how the enclosure was set-up but it should be easy to do with most frog set-ups

That's excellent news regarding the frog! You know, if they ring up and tell you it has to be given up to be destroyed you can tell them "too late, it died and I flushed it" ....don't hand it over no matter what ;)

Hi Kellie, How is frog going? He looks much healthier than my rescue.... mine was black all over, got a bit necrotic and never ate. Has he fattened up? Can you post more pics?

He is doing much better now he is eating.....is loving his crickets....he went brown not long after those pics were taken and hasnt gone green and stayed green yet...some nights he will go green but then goes brown again by the morning....

he has fattened up a little so i think he will be fine...

That's excellent news regarding the frog! You know, if they ring up and tell you it has to be given up to be destroyed you can tell them "too late, it died and I flushed it" ....don't hand it over no matter what ;)

If they ring up and say that i will be fighting it...if they dont let me keep him they will probably make him go to the amphibian research centre where he will be made all better and then adopted out....if so then i better have first option to adopt him.

I rang the dse again yesterday for an update and they still have nothing in their system to say my letter has been read and anything has been decided yet but the lady i spoke to said there shouldnt be a problem as i have already been given permission from the wildlife officer so hopefully they can get their act together and sort it out soon....

dont call them anymore...congrtulations you have a great pet.

I used to work at sydney markets the guys always finding animals in the bananana boxes coming from the farms still alive mostly spiders some frogs too anyway nice little froggy encloser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back