Looking for good tubs.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowman

What tubs are you using for DIY LID LESS racks?
I'm looking for something available in Australia like the Iris cb 70 tubs.

Please post pics if you have a suggestion.

Thanks in advance (or TIA as the nerds say).

No, no wheels.

I've found they work good heat transfer wise. Heat cord temp around 35-36 gives a 33 hotspot with 80 watt heat cord.

Very uniform in size also.

MP5-NT.jpg

I've also been looking at nesting boxes from the food industry. (527x375x140mm)
I really can only have them 600L max as that's the depth of the shelves I'm making.

Sorry to hijack but thought this is kind of relevant aswell - does anyone know of tubs similar to the V-18 hatchling ones?

Snowman they have large Bells tubs at bunnings, but not sure if they have a flat bottom or not.

They look good. Similar size to the v35 vision rack system which works great for stimsoni and juvi imbricata. What do they cost?

Could you have your tubs pull out along the long side?

Small tubs are very difficult to find because almost non of them have a nice moulded lip to make them easy to get in and out of the rack. I would like to know if there are any out there as well.

Vision racks sell tubs alone, but they are not cheap. But you only get what you pay for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have already been in contact with the aussie supplier but he hasn't got any tubs to sell separately unfortunately.

Am about to fork over the cash for a rack but every time I go to make the deposit I think DAMN that's alot of money!? :lol:

Small tubs are very difficult to find because almost non of them have a nice moulded lip to make them easy to get in and out of the rack. I would like to know if there are any out there as well.

Vision racks sell tubs alone, but they are not cheap. But you only get what you pay for.

Can you just drill either one small hole or two small holes and put a small rope through with a knot on the inside to make a handle?

Thanks. Do they have wheels? Most of the tubs I find have wheels... I want perfectly flat bottoms on them for heat transfer.

I use a oscillating multi tool to remove all of raised bits on the bottom of tubs that I use. Very easy and a neat job.

Can you just drill either one small hole or two small holes and put a small rope through with a knot on the inside to make a handle?

That's a good suggestion however because of time limitations I keep a bunch of spare tubs so I can quickly replace heavily soiled tubs and clean them later, and stacking becomes and issue.

This is my solution to tubs not having a moulded lip.
I use stick on hooks. They are very strong and do the job perfectly.
DSC00383_zpse61e8b22.jpg

I also highly recommend, making a fully adjustable rack. This way, if you change your mind on tubs, you can simply adjust the rack to fit them.

That's a good suggestion however because of time limitations I keep a bunch of spare tubs so I can quickly replace heavily soiled tubs and clean them later, and stacking becomes and issue.

Hmmm, back to the drawing board.

They look good. Similar size to the v35 vision rack system which works great for stimsoni and juvi imbricata. What do they cost?

Could you have your tubs pull out along the long side?

Yeah I just want them for Stimi's. They're about $12 each plus gst and shipping.

This is my solution to tubs not having a moulded lip.
I use stick on hooks. They are very strong and do the job perfectly.
DSC00383_zpse61e8b22.jpg

I also highly recommend, making a fully adjustable rack. This way, if you change your mind on tubs, you can simply adjust the rack to fit them.

Threaded rod is the only way to go. I'm going to make one with 10mm coreflute shelves.. Will post pics once it's all done.

Could you use Velcro to attach a handle and that way you could remove the handle for stacking?

Threaded rod is the only way to go. I'm going to make one with 10mm coreflute shelves.. Will post pics once it's all done.

I'm actually keen to see how that turns out? It would save on weight, time and money. My only concern would be stability?

Yes it will require a melamine base with wheels and a melamine top. A bit of weight is required to make it stable. I'll have a aluminium frame using square tube on the sides and possibly a melamine back on the shelf. Not sure if that makes sense, but will post pics once it's put together.

Yes it will require a melamine base with wheels and a melamine top. A bit of weight is required to make it stable. I'll have a aluminium frame using square tube on the sides and possibly a melamine back on the shelf. Not sure if that makes sense, but will post pics once it's put together.

I think I'm just going to have to wait and see what you're talking about, as I'm having a hard time picturing a adjustable rack with threaded rod, a back wall and framing.

They are starmaid tubs Nathan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back