lump near snake vent, help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hey guys,
i have been watching one of my pythons(an adult bredli ) and she has not defacated in 3 and a half weeks, she has had 2 feeds in this time, so today i got her out to check over her and have found a small lump about roughly 1cm in diameter, 5cms from her vent, you cannot see the lump only feel. I tried warm water and messaging her but it doesnt look like constapation. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?is it best to see a reptile vet?
thankyou all in advance
james

G'day James

I recently had the same problem with one of my Blackheads. An ultrasound revealed that it was poo and the vet was able to ease it out.

Cheers

We had this problem with a convalescing diamond python.
We put it back in the aviary, moved around and climb up on some branches and just the muscle movement on the branch, out it came all this poo!!

i took her to the vet today and an ultra-sound revealed feaces stuck up there so she got an anema and what came out was a urate stone fairly solid followed by feaces. Thanks for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back