Mac or PC?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you are not computer savvy does not automatically mean that you are an idiot.......
Agreed
Thats like calling a docter an idiot because he couldnt figure out an engineer's problem out

I know a bit about boats... 192 gb is the limit in Win7 64-bit Professional and up.

Sounds a lot like Bill Gates famous "No one will need more than 637 kb of memory" quote from the early 70s... ;)
It's all dependant on what you use your PC for - 4gb is heaps for gaming but 64-bit and > 4gb are almost essential for multitasking modern graphics apps. Try running Photoshop CS4, Max/Maya, ZBrush, that kind of thing, and you'll be happy you've got more memory.

I disagree; XP and 32 bit are both obsolete - Win7 64-bit is the way to go on a modern PC.
I dont agree, XP is a great gaming platform imo. Win7 64 is a memory hog all 64bits are memory hogs. Now, yes if your running alot of design apps at once but i easily run Photoshop Cs5 and illustrator together while playing ARMA2 in windowed mode. its not just about ram you have to have your other specs at the same level i.e if you got an old 2.2 core duo and a 260 GTX nvidia gfx card and like 196 gigs of ram for win7, your computer is still gonna bottle neck. Yes i know thats off topic but hay im not arguing with ya I think we both agree macs arent the best.

Btw to anyone who cant create a proper sentence that doesnt insult the other party for their choice you shouldnt reply. calling someone an idiot for liking windows or for liking mac isnt a way to have good healthy debate on OS choice for OP.

Lol If you guys want to aline yourself with the idiot in that scenario, go ahead, I'm not stopping you...At no point did I point to someone specifically and say "You're an idiot." The victim compex here seems to be spreading :lol: Especially amongst the mac users in this thread.

Profanicus, I apologize - I'd only seen the articles that explored up to 128gig. Still, I'm more than happy with the i7 and Windows XP.

pc i want a mac tho coz apparently they only have 1 virus that u can get on them unlike the thousands on here

that 1 virus is absolutely false. they are less prone to viruses yes but there are thousands of viruses which can infect a mac. But like with any computer taking steps to reduce that risk is necessary I run Kaspersky AV and malwarebytes plus kasperskys firewall and in over 8years of using that combination i have never been infected. its all about how smart you are not what OS you're on

PC. you can get anything for free, so the only real cost is initial set up. You can get a better computer for the price with PC's because there is competition for price, with mac it is only them making them and they have a name so they can set whatever prices they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back