Macarthur Herpetological Society Meeting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Macarthur Herp Society is having it's April meeting tonight, Friday April 15.

7:30pm, Bradbury Community Centre (behind the Bradbury Inn),
Bradbury, nr Campbelltown (Sydney area).

Be there, or be ...............elsewhere.

:p

Hix

So anyone one can go? How long do they go for? I have never been to 1, Is there an entry fee? Is it worth going? Will I learn something or is it more like a social gathering?

A bit of both Snakes alive. There is a barbie for a sausage sizzle, i think its about $2.00 to go and usually you do learn something pretty important. Plus you get to meet some really top people. Its worth going at least once. Cya there?

Simone.

I just wanted to thank you Hix for posting this invataion, As I did go and loved it :D . Went to Rougues Gallery To find a pic, so I could see who you were and Simone, Simone couldn't see your face real well and you had a hat on that covered your hair, but were you the lady at the door? I will be there next month, (can you let me know the date, always start 7:30?). I will introduce myself than :wink: . Were they your shingle backs Simone? They were awesome 8) . Man and when the gentleman was holding them snakes it gave me butterflies in my belly and my dame skin was crawling :shock: . (Yes venomous snake scare the hell out of me). But I learnt heap's. Regret getting poppy to baby sit, my kids would of loved it. My hubby (Jim) doesn't really get in to the reptiles, but he really enjoyed it also. He thought it would be like a cup of tea night all oldies sitting around yakking, lol, so we were quiet impressed. Was that your bluey too Simone? he stayed with me all first part of the meeting, didn't move around much hay? He was cute.

Thanks again Hix

Debbie

My mug

Hey Debbie,
I was sitting on the right side of the room with my father, and Greg and hix were behind me. I wish those Shinglebacks were mine, the cream coloured one that you were holding was adorable. Were you sitting on the left side of the room? I love watching Bob bring his elapids to the meetings. His copperhead was the one that got me. I can't wait to own one. I would love to be able to hold the elapids the way he does, but i think i would wuss out.
Next meeting i might bring my Land Mullet though.
The meetings are the third Friday of every month. If i realised you were at the meeting i would have come up to chat. Will for sure at the next one.
Seeya then,

Simone.

P.S. Here is a pic that might show my mug just a little clearer.

RE: My mug

Simone I know who you were know :oops: , I was sitting to the left with my hubby, Is Greg slateman? I didn't realize anyone else from this forum would be there, But yeah I look forward to meeting up with you all next time :D .
The shingle back was awesome I asked if I could take it home, but he wouldnt let me. :lol: :lol:
Your game even wanting to hold an elapid, they are beautiful and fassinating but the thought of holding one um NO

RE: Re: RE: My mug

Nah, Greg was the older guy with the beard....Sletey wasn't there from what i saw. Sleteman has a pic in the rogues gallery.

Seeya next time,

Simone.

Snakes_alive
I am better looking hank. :wink:

For those who are wondering what Slateman said, I think the last word was meant to be 'hunk'.

SnakesAlive,

I haven't been a member for long and usually someone else posts the invitation, but last Friday being the third Friday, it snuk up on us and it wasn't until Thursday night that I realised the meeting was on (I thought it was the following week).

Herps4Us is usually there too, and I was the other guy with the beard.

Your game even wanting to hold an elapid, they are beautiful and fassinating but the thought of holding one um NO

If you ever do hold one - don't EVER be tempted to handle the way Bob did.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back