Male Jag Attacks Female Jag

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but what happens in the case where breeders will cycle multiple males over a female, or when they use the scent of another male to induce a better breeding response?

I usually use two males over most females & have done for years ( so did simon stone) and have never once had a male carpet attack a female. Sometimes its even one male out and a fresh male in that same day.. maybe Ive been lucky..

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk 2

I usually use two males over most females & have done for years ( so did simon stone) and have never once had a male carpet attack a female. Sometimes its even one male out and a fresh male in that same day.. maybe Ive been lucky..

I havn't done this with carpets but I've done it with womas, bhps and antaresia, I guess we're both lucky.

my mates jungles killed each other this year and they have breed before. dont know why but it always makes me nervous.

my mates jungles killed each other this year and they have breed before. dont know why but it always makes me nervous.

Your mate actually personally bred those two previously and got hatchies? Or did the person he bought them off tell him they had bred before? Im curious on this point. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Yes she is proven she has had 3 clutches.

I have had both snakes since hatchlings, and all clutches were mine, they have been paired together before, but her last two clutches have been to someone else. Both myself and the reptile vet sexed her because that was his first thought too.

I can't seem to understand a few points you've made and was hoping you could explain please. thanks.

You said above you've had both since hatches and in another post 2010-2011 was your first year breeding? But in the above quote state the female is a proven female thats had 3 previous clutches? And also that you purchased these jag het albino darwins at the end of 2010. When did this female have 3 previous clutches?

And if she was a definite proven female ( having 3 clutches) why would you and the vet sex her after the attack to see if she might be a male (even though she's a proven female) I don't understand this?? how could a proven female possibly be a male?

Not having a go at you but I can't seem to follow the above and was hoping you could elaborate. Thanks

maybe their combined weight knocked over the branch or wood and is smashed into the glass and they fell out with it and the male got spooked and attacked her? who knows but i would keep them away from each other unless under supervision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back