Man eaten by Croc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Amy, anyone bitten by a snake who is not wearing long pants and heavy boots.... no sympathy?
Anyone who gets raped after going out to a pub and having a few drinks.... no sympathy?
Anyone who crashes their car and kills their young family but survives (crash is their fault).... no sympathy?
Geez girl, I hope nothing bad ever happens to you and yours or you are in for a shock.

better not go to the beach u might DIEEEEEEEEEEEE.BIG BREATH.DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I personally feel sorry for any human life lost. Reason for why they die is not relevant.
He was mabe idiot to do what he did, but i still feel sorry for him and his close. Mabe I am to soft or to much human.
But if some people think that people should die if they make wrong decision, I will be not arguing with them. It is they business what they feel like and I am not the one to judge.
Last judgement is not up to any of us.

So Amy, anyone bitten by a snake who is not wearing long pants and heavy boots.... no sympathy?
Anyone who gets raped after going out to a pub and having a few drinks.... no sympathy?
Anyone who crashes their car and kills their young family but survives (crash is their fault).... no sympathy?
Geez girl, I hope nothing bad ever happens to you and yours or you are in for a shock.

No no NO! You have taken what I said completly out of context. The above are things that could not be helped (Except maybe the crash and even then it depends on the circumstances) What I am saying is that is that this guy went into a KNOWN crocodile inhabited area and purposefully put himself in the water! He didn't make any attempt to reduce the risk of being hurt or in this case killed. I have no sympathy for him because he is responsible for all the pain and suffering of those who loved him. If he had thought and not gone into the water, he probably would still be alive and his loved ones wouldn't be mourning him. That is why I have no sympathy.

And on another note. I dont appreciate being attacked for my own personal beliefs. I have expressed my own opinion and feelings, you dont have to like it or agree with it but you do have to respect the fact that it is my opinion.

Amy have point there.
Different people have different wiew on things, and I would leave this argument to that.
No nead to have go on anybody.

Hey guys, leave Amy alone because i am positive she feels for the family but the logic in placing blame where it belongs I am sure passed thru everyones minds when you understood the correct situation these guys put themselves in . If you watched the footage of where they actually had to get to to try and look for this young guys body and the big,bad man-killer croc(what a load of crap) was so damn remote. I would have left the dirt on my bike!!
At the end of the day the croc cops another bad wrap for bad choices on these young guys behalf. Bet the croc never woke up that morning in his remote stretch of territory and even thought for a moment that he would even be meeting a human that day, let alone three.
Rina

The truth of events isn't even known in this case,as the media has given several different stories.

A few members are dismissing Amy's opinion in this thread and displaying what should be sympathy for the victim but then in another thread "bone head" using similar sentences to that which Amy has said with no compassion at all lol.
Ironic don't you think :p

Yep you got me bang to rights there mate! Might be a tad different though since the croc guy wasnt attenpting to intentionally interact with it :p Thats not to say I dont feel sorry for the poor snake guy, did you see his face all swollen?, damn right hes lucky. :wink:

Thanks for the support guys. I know my view on life can be considered harsh and cold and many dont agree with me but thats life, it takes all types to make the world go round.

I dont think you are that harsh Amy, just straight forward. I have no sympathy for him cause I dont know him and simply dont ''feel'' sympathy in this case. I could say I do if it pleases people to hear it.

lol Parko,
What don't effect us don't concern us huh!
I am of similar view.

It is hard to give an opinion on this instance whether he's actions were silly or not,mainly because we are unaware of the actual facts and circumstances surrounding this event.

1 source says that the victim was in the water washing he's bike when the attack occured.He's 2 friends after seeing the attack dived in the water to rescue him but upon realization of the predictament they climbed a tree for safety.
(I dont believe these accounts of events)

2nd source said that the friends didnt see what happened.Apparently their friend was on the bank but was washed in by the water but they did not view this.It wasn't untill their friends clothes floated by that they realized something was wrong and decided to look around for him in the water.At this point I guess they seen the croc and scrambled up the tree.
(this one sounds more plausable IMO)

(If this tree was at the bank would it not take a smaller amount of effort to get out of the water and run to freedom as opposed to climbing to the top of it? or could they not jump from the tree to land and run?......If the tree was in the middle of the water,this could imply that perhaps the 3 were actually swimming in the water when the attack took place and upon seeing their friend taken the remaining 2 climbed the tree? or it is possible that they swam out looking for him after seeing he's clothes float by.Who would dive into croc infested waters after viewing their friend taken by 1 anyway? If the 2nd story is the facts how can they be sure it was a croc attack without actually seeing this happen?)

at christmas dinner last night i was talking to a very close freind of the family who has actually gone quad riding with the other 2 people who were their but not the actual guy who got attacted. he told me the true story and it was amazing just how much the media twist the story around! please people, after hearing the true story i felt much worse about the whole situation. the person who was telling me the real story said that he has washed his bike at the exact same spot many many times and he would do it again even after this attack. they did not fall in, or get washed away... please people don't listen to the media

Yea I have been lucky enough to speak to someone who was on the site after the attack and the story the media is given is totally ^&% and You really have to live in darwin NOW not just visit here or live here when u were young to understand the current danger of crocodiles..... Most people are careless around them and I have seen a large crocodile about 30m from the boat ramp at corroboree and a bloke was cleaning fish!!!!!!!!! complete stupidity!!! But I have been close to people who have died as have most..and can understand the terrible pain his family and friends must be going too so i have sympathy for his family. I dont care what anyone says NO ONE deserves to die no matter what IMO!!!! so I have a great sympathy for this young man who had his whole life a head of him..this attack IMO has shaken the communtiy up here..especially those that frequent areas in which crocodiles are present...Hope fully people will learn to be more cautious with crocodiles afer this horrible event...
Cheers

Morelia, going back to the exact spot is against the rules. Crocs are ambush predators, they observe their surroundings, they will watch for regular behavior and set an ambush accordingly.
If these guys continue to wash there bikes at the same spot, then, unfortunatly, we will read about them again.

~the person who was telling me the real story said that he has washed his bike at the exact same spot many many times and he would do it again even after this attack.

We all have to live somewhere [well most of us that lucky] BUT...,this seems a bit like people knowingly building/living in flood prone areas, complaining about getting flooded out, or more at home, people who buy/biuld/live right on bushland crying when the summer bushfire season claims the whole street. ~an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, the old saying goes. :wink:

Fuscus and Wattso beat me to it :) If this guy wil continue to return to the sasme place to wash his bike after such an attack then he has again proven my point as to why I felt no sympathy for the guy who got taken. I dont want to seem harsh (Although I am on a roll) but if your mate was to get taken by a croc MM, I wouldn't feel sympathy for him either. But saying that my deepest condolences would go out to you, your family, his family and his friends.

the person i am reffering to is not a person who was at the actual attack, they didn't get taken from the spot where they were washing their bikes but were taken when they jumped in off a cliff when they were fooling around.

I am not belittling anyones beliefs but...
Almost all of us do live in an area that is at risk of earthquake, flood or bushfire... we just don't stop to think about it.
We all take stupid risks, almost every day of our lives - driving, not taking care against snake bite, risk of attack from human predators etc. The ONLY thing that is diferent is that this guy paid the penalty and it made the media. That is the ONLY diference. They didn't think it was that big a deal, same as you didn't when you slid your tyres round a corner / went out clubbing by yourself / built your house on a flood plain (ie the WHOLE of perth.) The dice just came up snake eyes, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back