Man eaten by Croc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im so sorry for the boy his family and his mates that witnessed it...i dont think they were overly careless, crocs are unpredictable and very good at cammo. and actually have you ever heard of one stalking people like that one did? i think hes an old one with dementia.
they were locals? so have been almost every attack in the last 6 months.. young boy and girl and 2 women - non fatal. i hope the croc moves on. its his instinct and like all reptiles you dont know when theyll strike ever - its not their fault its their way.
So sad though, very sad.
mudmum

So Amy, anyone bitten by a snake who is not wearing long pants and heavy boots.... no sympathy?
Anyone who gets raped after going out to a pub and having a few drinks.... no sympathy?
Anyone who crashes their car and kills their young family but survives (crash is their fault).... no sympathy?
Geez girl, I hope nothing bad ever happens to you and yours or you are in for a shock

I find the above belittling Chantelle.

But again, you are not taking in what I have said. If he went into a croc inhabited area, during the wet season, during the breeding season, when crocodiles are known to be territorial and didn't even think then I have no sympathy for him. As for building a house on a flood plain, I have taken that into consideration and actually live on top of a hill. I accept that perth can be prone to flooding. I have reduced risk to myself as much as I can and I accept that because I CHOSE to live on a flood prone area, that if my house gets flooded I must take the consequences. This guy who got taken should have done the same. He should have accepted that where he was going to wash his bike was in croc inhabited areas, he should have looked at reducing the risk of getting hurt and if he still CHOSE to go into the water, he has to accept the consequences. Maybe if he had stopped to think about what may just happen, the proverbial dice wouldn't have come up snake eyes.

Ok fair enough it is your point of view. but the guy just bloody died!! show some respect I think we should all stop arguing about it!

I didn't realise I was being disrespectful. I'm sorry if I was.

You are welcome to express your own opinion as I did. But please do not argue and question others people view again and again. Nobody is asking you to agree with it . All that will end up in fight eventually. Just go on people.

Hear. Hear. Spot on Slateman. The point I think being missed is that it is not the suitable display of sympathy for the bereaved but respecting that when dealing with an animal such as a croc, it is wise to remember that you are the guest and to treat the croc's house rules as vital to your survival.

It is a bit sad to see someone taken in such a horrible way but if he knew there were crocs in that water well he is just as silly as the next statistic that will end up doing the same thing.We should all respect wild animals with such power and awesome beuaty sadly as has been said above the poor croc probably will end up as boots. Which is also sad to see something like that happen too.

2 rules with crocs:go near the waters edge or get in the water and you are playing with your life.Offer yourself as food you'll be eaten,pose a threat you'll be attacked.It isn't difficult to understand.If you manage to get killed you are either not croc educated or stupid,simple .I've lived alongside crocs all my life in Booraloola and Cape York ,I now work with them.Did you know 100% of croc attack victims dead and still living{last 20 yrs} new they were in croc territory and still got attacked.83% broke one of the rules.53% were drunk. We are supposed to be intellllligent animals.If someone I knew well who grew up alongside me in croc country got taken because they broke 1 of the 2 rules.It would destroy me but the only sympathy I would have is for the family the twit left behind.He lived there he should've known better.OBEE

The amount of threads about crocodiles on this site is getting outta control.
I'm gonna go to a Crocodile related site to see if they are talking about Snakes and Pythons.

Well if snakes ate as many humans as crocs do..................... oh no, that wouldn't be any good, we'd have tourists coming over to shoot them :)

They dont people Africa, they eat ponies!!! :lol:

lol Parko,
What don't effect us don't concern us huh!
I am of similar view.

be cafeful wen saying that...coz that used to be the way i viewed things.

if it happened to u, u might see the revalance, ur opinion might change either for better or worse. Mine went for better in some ways but worse in others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back