Marble gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ristof

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a couple of marbled gecko's and was after some info on them.
I have looked on the web but only found a couple of things about caring for them in captivity.

If anyone can give me all the info they know about these guys that would be great, or a really good care sheet. The only one I could find was on the reef and river website.

1st step to find out about them
2nd step to sell my two turtles tanks for fund the new venture

Thanks alot

Like most geckos mate.

Start them in a click clack, sand on the bottom, couple of hiding spots and branches to climb on as they are arboreal.

Feed every second day. I spray mine once or twice a week.

Put the tub on a heat matt.

Sorry I forgot to add that I have never had a gecko or lizard before so this is all new for me
I am a complete newbie with this.

any help would be great
Both turtle tanks look like they will sell on ebay so I am getting closer

yeah about the spot lol any one breeding marbles this year

spray bottle... they love being sprayed every now and then.

its cool seeing them lick their eyes too!

good luck, gecko's are heaps of fun

as pugz said- but dont heat the entire tub, only bout a third to half the surface ares. They need to have a thermal gradient like all reptiles, this way they can avoid the heat if need be.

Well I got two yesturday and they are cool
Sat there for hours yesturday watching them even though they didn't move much, but when they did start going they are so funny.

The way they lick their eyes is funny to watch

I was told when I bought all the stuff for them that they didn't need any heating, they would use the house temperature / heating.

I will try and get some photo's tonight of the enclosure and the two little guys, Wilbar and Charlotte.
Anyone else with enclosure, I would like to see

How can you tell whether they are male and female.
One is lighter then the other - is that a way of telling.

males from around 6-8 months of age if they have been fed three times a week will develope a prominate bulge at the base of the tail whereas females ave none, colour is most definately not an indicator. as for heating i keep a marbled velvet gecko with a heat bulb, at this time of year it does matter much but in winter esp in your area i would have some kind of heating.

I do have a red heat globe at home in a desk lamp that I can hang over the cage,

What temps can't they live in as in it is too cold for them because the area they live in isn't the warmest during winter

Thanks for the male/female info, now I will have a look on the web and see what you mean by bulge

i have a hot spot of 28 and he moves around the cge inbetween there and the cooler spots

oh the bulge literaly looks like a little lump just where their tail begins, you'll see it if they're old enough and it is actually there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back