Marbled Geckos!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebuster

Reaction score
Hello, I've heard that you need 75% humidity. Is this true, or is that just for getting Marble Velvet Geckos? I'm getting the southern species. What is the average lifespan of the Marbled Gecko?
Some websites have told me it's 5 years, but is that average, or at the most, or at the least?
Any answers to these questions, or even more information about Marbled Geckos, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

S-buster:)

I have 3 southern species and I would say that there is not set at 75 all the time. I would say they would have bugger all as the humidity monitor is in my orchid plant.
I don't use any heat lights - they just have the room temp which at night can get down to below 10 and they are fine.
I have a water bowl in there which during the warmer months I guess adds humidity
it seems to empty in a couple of day but whether that is due to crickets soaking it up because there is normally a few dead ones in there or evaporation.

I've just got a marbled gecko but I'm unsure whether it is male or female. The tail is quite thick and slightly narrower at the base. Any ideas as to the gender?
thanks Michelle

Sex id

you wont be able to tell sex until at least 3-4 months old when male show 2 bulges just behind anal vent and has very small spurs either side of vent please send me pics to [email protected] and ill might be able to tell you and exchange pics of mine so u can compare them thanks Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back