Max. number of baby turtles in a 4FT tank??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruizer22

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure i have all of my fax before picking up my turtles.

What would everyone recommend to be the maximum number of baby turtles in a 4ft tank??

Please remember once they start getting big i will be putting them in a large outdoor pond.

Thanks in advance for your help and advise

Depends how old they are. If they are 50c peice size you could have an entire clutch. But if the are around 10cm i wouldn't put anymore than two in.

When i pick up the two i have waiting for me they are only going to be 20c - 50c piece size, they are Murray River short necks, i really would like one Eastern long

When i pick up the two i have waiting for me they are only going to be 20c - 50c piece size, they are Murray River short necks, i really would like one Eastern long neck as well, it would be the same size 20c-50c piece size. Do you think the three will be ok together in a 4ft tank? I have not purchased the ELN so if you dont think it will be ok i will not go a head with the third until the other two are big and moved to there outdoor pond.

They should be fine in the tank until they are big enough to go outside.

Ive got my 2 Murrays in a 4ft tank, i thought they'd be okay for a couple of years but they grow quite quick and i'm already looking for a 6ft one after about 10 months..

They do go in the pond most days but until it's a bit more turtle proof they only get supervised visits and sleep in the tank..

Ben

Oh wow after 10 months, Maybe the two would be better for me to start with then. So do you put your in there tank over night?

Would you have photos of your turtles and their tank you could post??

Abbott75 - I really would like to get three, two Murray River and I Eastern Long neck. Maybe i will get the ELN once the others are too big for there tank.

bad boy i know but i keep 5 turts in a 3ft, 2 2yr old saw shelleds, 2 2yr old kreffts and 1 yr old mary river turt

How did they go all in the tank together??

Did they have enought room for moving around??

I wonder if i got the two Murray Rivers now and then in April one Eastern Long neck, would the baby be ok with 4 month old Murrays???

I would avoid putting one the is significantly smaller than the other two together.

Why don;t you wait until you can adequately house the three of them as adults before you get them.

I have already purchased my two. I will definitly be picking up the Murray Rivers. I think i will just wait for the Murray Rivers to be older and when ready i will move them outside and then think about getting my Eastern Long necks. I was after some advise and that is just what i have received, so thanks everyone!!!

i have a clutch in a 6 footer

they are all doing fine

has anyone had any luck with breeding as of yet
as in this year

i have 3 clutches in incubation as we speak, so exciting

How did they go all in the tank together??

Did they have enought room for moving around??

I wonder if i got the two Murray Rivers now and then in April one Eastern Long neck, would the baby be ok with 4 month old Murrays???

They are all fine and eating well. Only problem is sometimes i have 3 or 4 turts on top of eachother on the dock lol

do you think if i did put Murray Rivers and Eastern Long necks in a tank together all the same age would they fight?? Would they try and mix breed??

biggest about 12-15cm, smallest about 5-7cm. No problems with agression, separate the smallest for feeding.

I have just found a breeder who has eastern Long necks so and they are about to hatch, the murray rivers will hatch about the 1st jan, so they are both hatching the same time. I am definitely getting two Murray Rivers, but really want a ELN as well. Do you think the three of them will be fine in a 4ft tank together??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back