Max. number of baby turtles in a 4FT tank??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
should be but not sure if elns are agressive to other species.

Oh really!!! Wow, but they are too cute to attack each other!! lol.

Are they all the same age?? How many turtles do you have in total??

Wow great photos. Spike is very cute!!! He does sound like a little bully haha.

I am only buying a 4ft tank, but am really confused as to what i should do. I really want to get an ELN, but i also want Murray Rivers. I am now thinking i may buy one of each, dont know if they will be ok together??

I am meant to be picking up my two Murray Rivers, but i'm not sure if the three are too much in the 4ft tank???

What I'd do is put two turtle docks in the tank, one at each end. Place some rocks/logs/plants so they provide barriers which will block each turtles line of sight. If you do this i would say you could fit up to two ELN and two Murrey Rivers in there til their shell reaches 8-10cm in diameter.

HTH

You should be able to. You may need to buy a larger and smaller one but as long as there is two you will be fine.

has anyone had any luck with breeding as of yet
as in this year

I have hatched out about 10 clutches of Krefft's turtles (including the 2 headed one as well as a pair of hypomelanistic twins from the same egg), a clutch of Fitroy River turtles (Rheodytes leukops), Mary River turtles (4 clutches so far), Saw-shelled turtles( 3 clutches so far), Macleay River turtles, Painted turtles, Broad-shelled turtles and Southern snapping turtles. Still waiting on Eastern snake-necks and other clutches to hatch.

Expansa1!
When will you have Saw Shelleds Available again do you know?
and if so, how much for a hatchling and would you post to NSW

Expansa1!
When will you have Saw Shelleds Available again do you know?
and if so, how much for a hatchling and would you post to NSW

I'm sorry I won't post any live animals anywhere. 1 it is illegal and 2 it is cruel.

I have saw-shelleds available now. They are $75 each.

The long necks are more messy then the short necks.
Also the murray's stay more in the water then the long necks.
I have four short necks at home - my first two are about 15 - 20cm and they are 3yrs old in March next year
The other 2 are small, about 6cm and they are inside in a 3ftx2ftx1.5ft tank and they are aboutalmost a yrs old.
I have had the two out in the pond for about 18months without a fence around it and they are fine. First time last night since they have been in there I have seen them get on the stump and accually sit out of the water. Normally it is just a head.

If you over feed them they will grow quick as we found out with the first 2. This time we are feeding them less so they can stay inside for longer.

A 4ft tank should be fine for 2 for a couple of years if you don't over feed them. They are like fish and will basically eat as much as you give them. I have read that you don't need to feed them more then their head size or that may have been size of the food - it was a while ago.

Sorry expansa i didn't mean post as in mail, i meant freight, unless thats what you meant you wouldn't do?

Sorry expansa i didn't mean post as in mail, i meant freight, unless thats what you meant you wouldn't do?

Sorry Full3R,
I meant I won't mail (Post) live animals. Freightings not a problem.

Alright, i'll discuss with the parents about purchasing one off you
Sorry, i never thought to say freight, i just assumed post when speaking on the topic.

I would love to know also how the two headed one went, is he still alive??

Thanks for your advise. I will updated you on how it all goes. I will be picking my Murray Rivers up early January!! Very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back