Max. number of baby turtles in a 4FT tank??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad news

Unfortunately the 2 headed turtle recently died

thats no good, got pics of the hypo's?

Great stuff expensa

im in melbourne guys so feel free to contact me if you are ever after anything turtle wise lol

craig, what models of incubators do you guys fun, or did you construct them yourself

I use incubators that I make myself. I can fit hundreds of turtle eggs in this model.
Even came up with a good name for this incubator I made!

Cheers,
Craig
picmasterbator1.jpg

picmasterbator2.jpg

Occasionally I miss the eggs and they do hatch out at the turtle dam. I usually find the hatchies swimming around the edges or in the shallower part sunning themselves.

I use incubators that I make myself. I can fit hundreds of turtle eggs in this model.
Hi Craig
Nice incubator....in mine I leave the lid off the container, I see you put the lids on the containers, do you think that is a better way to do it, if so why? I have sold a few Hova Bators and I have been asked the question a number of times about covering the container with glad wrap or a lid.
Thanks
Allan
http://www.turtletownsydney.com/

Hi Craig
Nice incubator....in mine I leave the lid off the container, I see you put the lids on the containers, do you think that is a better way to do it, if so why? I have sold a few Hova Bators and I have been asked the question a number of times about covering the container with glad wrap or a lid.
Thanks
Allan
http://www.turtletownsydney.com/

Hi Allan,

The only way I can keep the humidity up around the required/ recommended humidity level of 92% - 95% is by using lids on each container and putting a couple of small pin holes in 2 corners of the lid to allow gaseous exchange and fresh air during development.

This way is successful always even with eggs that have a long incubation period like Macrochelodina expansa.

Cheers,

Craig

hi Craig
Is there a water tray at the bottom of the incubator, or with this method is it not required?
Allan

No water tray is required for this method.
Many years ago I bought an expensive, you beaut Incubator from Multiquip to try out the tray method and it ruined 2 whole clutches of eggs. Naturally I decided to stick with what I know and what I have a 100% success rate with.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back