Measurements for Sliding Glass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If shops are to maintain Australian workplace standards they need 100% to cover compliance costs. Alternatively they can adopt third world pricing and third world standards. I know a lot of the prodcuts I buy direct are less than 50% of Bunnings retail so they are therefore marking up by more than 100%.Thats how our system works to maintain the standards of living we enjoy in Australia.

I guess the trick is knowing who the manufacturer is, to be able to buy direct from them for less. For example, on our products we sell in Bunnings, there is actually no tie back to us as the manufacturer. It is not branded with our brand that we sell to distributors and contractors, and our company name is nowhere to be seen. The distributor who buys from us and sells to Bunnings does the branding.

I actually saw one of our new products stocked in a Bunnings here in Sydney the other week, priced at $60. If you can track us down as the manufacturer and find our factory in Brisbane, you can buy the same thing for $25 :)

I guess the trick is knowing who the manufacturer is, to be able to buy direct from them for less. For example, on our products we sell in Bunnings, there is actually no tie back to us as the manufacturer. It is not branded with our brand that we sell to distributors and contractors, and our company name is nowhere to be seen. The distributor who buys from us and sells to Bunnings does the branding.

I actually saw one of our new products stocked in a Bunnings here in Sydney the other week, priced at $60. If you can track us down as the manufacturer and find our factory in Brisbane, you can buy the same thing for $25 :)
But like you say bunnings take 40,000 at a time which makes it worthwhile to sell at a discount.I buy 1000 $25 bunnings items for $10. To stay relevent to this thread, I buy say 50 x 3.6m top and 50 bottom track at about 40% retail.Companies try to sell one item at a time at bulk rates, until they do their sums and find they are behind the eight ball.
, but i am sure there is a bit of middle ground.

Virides, please make black plastic track.. signed the reptile community.. lol ;)

Although i would imagine cowdry would have a patent on their track design??

Virides, please make black plastic track.. signed the reptile community.. lol ;)

Just the plastic, probably not. The ball bearing track, apparently yes:

"H.M. Cowdroy's other major inventions include the highly successful ball bearing sliding glass track, a sashless sliding window and a sliding door track system featuring ball bearings on a top race section, which was patented and sold under manufacturing licence around the world."

Costs quite a lot to get a die made and then some for the extrusion. Usually it is a minimum run like 300m or based on weight like, 300kg or so to make it worthwhile.

Money we don't have, but would love to do...

Black track would be really good. Maybe the reptile community should look at group funding. :)

So I finally got up to installing the panels and the -11mm was too big, It was more like -12/-13mm. Also the cowdroy says on the website that 6mm can fit, and yet it doesn't. Had to opt for 5mm.

So with one day left till the show I will have the enclosures finished :)

So I finally got up to installing the panels and the -11mm was too big, It was more like -12/-13mm. Also the cowdroy says on the website that 6mm can fit, and yet it doesn't. Had to opt for 5mm.

So with one day left till the show I will have the enclosures finished :)
That is strange, I used the measurements that they suggested and it worked perfectly on both my enclosures, maybe you didn't measure correctly or the glass place cut it wrong. Also it does say to use 5mm glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back