Melbourne Zoo Pics (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froglet

Reaction score
I went to Melbourne Zoo yesterday for my birthday.

Got some interesting pics, hope you all enjoy
First Up the herps, then the warm blooded creatures

Brown Tree Snakes

Tortoise

Emerald Tree Boa

Fijian Iguana

Frill Neck Lizard

Giant Tortoise

Gila Monster (Baby)

Goliath Tarantula

Green Iguana

Rock Rattlesnake

Phillapinne (sp?) Sailfin Lizard

Murray Turtle

White Cheeked Gibbon

Tiger

Siamangs

Tree Shrew

Red Lory

Meerkat

Ringtail lemur

Orang Utan

Elephant

Colobus

Giraffe

Gorilla

And Lucky last for now

awsome i went a couple of weeks ago, its pretty good ay!

i posted a thread a couple of days ago of my pics.

awsome i went a couple of weeks ago, its pretty good ay!

i posted a thread a couple of days ago of my pics.

Thanks,
The Zoo wasnt too bad, disappointed with some things, love the orang utan exhibit

Maybe I am weird, but that elephant on that rock...what if it fell off it...seems a strange thing for keepers to do...

The elephants should have went to the open range zoo in werribee.

They would have had much more space there to move around. I personally feel the elephant enclosure at Melbourne Zoo is cruel its just not big enough.

bit dissapointed that all the underwater stuff was bein redone ay!

no seals, nothin!

I went to Melbourne Zoo a couple of eyars ago and it was fair awesome, that was a bit before reptiles started to interest me, but that big black gorilla was there when i was and he looked so cute sitting up the bacl fo the encolsure with his abck to the crowds with his hands on his knees, he looked like a cheeky child in trouble at the back of the class lol...
awesome photos!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Maybe I am weird, but that elephant on that rock...what if it fell off it...seems a strange thing for keepers to do...

I believe it had something to do with having to artificially inseminate her

I like the meerkat picture, any more reptile pictures froglet?

I will see what i can find-she if there are any other 1/2 decent ones there. my camera doesnt work the best in the dim conditions

Love the red lorrie.

He (it) was great, spent a while 'chatting' to it, came right up, didnt mind a scratch on the beak

Last edited by a moderator:
It was part of the elephants training Fay, so they could get her positioned properly to impregnate her using AI

I went to Melbourne Zoo a couple of eyars ago and it was fair awesome, that was a bit before reptiles started to interest me, but that big black gorilla was there when i was and he looked so cute sitting up the bacl fo the encolsure with his abck to the crowds with his hands on his knees, he looked like a cheeky child in trouble at the back of the class lol...
awesome photos!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!!

He was prob doing is mixing a cocktail of grass tufts and poo. He mixes them up and make little poo patties. When he makes enough of them he jumps up runs and throws them all over the people standing and gawking at him. classic.

haha i love the elephant!
it looks soooo happy!

The elephants didnt seem to be that happy.

Bong Su certainaly didnt.

It is one of the animals there that i dont really think should be there (however if they ever give them a few hectares to roam i may reconsider)

That rhino viper is incredible, thanks for the pics froglet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back