Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! I never knew you could participate in anything like that. Must have been a fantastic experience. Thanks for posting!

Ok here is my blonde moment for the day. You mentioned you couldn't handle the gila monsters for "obvious" reasons. But those reasons aren't obvious to me. Are they venomous or what is it that you can't handle them. They look like a skink.

Beautiful collection there. Isn't the baby viper just adorable? So cute :D

:lol: Colin I was thinking the same thing about the little turtle :lol:

wow, that must have been awsome, i would like to go do that and i think i might one day. thanks for sharing the pics they look awsome. and congratulations on your 3 years :D

Well that is something I'll defidently be doing in the new year, could you please PM me the details of the tour and who to contact in regards to doing the tour or is it simply a case of calling up the zoo and T'ing it up from there. Luke, me and my g/f with you and your kids would make the six, should do that around feb.

Ok here is my blonde moment for the day. You mentioned you couldn't handle the gila monsters for "obvious" reasons. But those reasons aren't obvious to me. Are they venomous or what is it that you can't handle them. They look like a skink.

Beautiful collection there. Isn't the baby viper just adorable? So cute :D

:lol: Colin I was thinking the same thing about the little turtle :lol:

One of only two species of venomous lizards in the world i believe.... :)

How fantastic - shame your hubby didn't get more pics!!! Congrats on your anniversary!

Does anyone know about something similar at Taronga? I did the Roar and Snore a couple of years ago (we got to hand feed the giraffes - very cool!) but it's quite expensive.

I thought the same about the little tortoise/hamburger too!

Join the AHS, we do behind the scenes "field trips" at Taronga every couple of years, for the price of Zoo entry. If I got my wife a tour for our annversary, I wouldn't have to worry about picking up the Gila monster.... she would beat me to death before we got to the entry door.

How the hell did you manage that!!!:shock: Arrrrgh!!!!!! I've written and bashed my head against the wall emailing John Birkett with regards to seeing if I could get something like that for a group organized!! I was sent a resounding NO off him. That was after the 6 months it took him to reply. Oh well, I'm very jealous! :D

Colin melbourne zoo behind the scenes
http://www.zoo.org.au/Melbourne/Behind_the_Scenes

Well..I guess Money talks and ................. walks, seems pretty simple on the webpage?

Join the AHS, we do behind the scenes "field trips" at Taronga every couple of years, for the price of Zoo entry.

I am actually a member (but I never get to come to meetings because I have a little girl and my husband works nights!) I would definitely come along to the next one of those!

i have been wanting to do that also, did you see the water snake its awsome heres a pic i took a while a go, the emerald is also great

Attachments

• zoo nov 07 058.jpg
    zoo nov 07 058.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back