Members who also own fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know exactly what you mean Phil lol, I used to breed bristlenose, clown and sailfin plecos...they all had the cluster of spikes near their gills and were horrible to catch. I used to try and ambush them with a chinese container which also wasnt easy in 6ft tanks full of rocks and driftwood.
Did a huge water change and gravel clean and had to move oscar and bristlenose out.. took me about 10 minutes to untangle the stupid thing from the net cause the spike clusters got in there god and proper.

I have a 6x2x2 foot marine tank and a 4x2x2 foot marine tank both full of corals and lots of fish. MUM's Little hobby in her spare time. Trust me they cot alot more then reptiles maintenance wise. As well as each coral and fish can cost $100+ fill some tanks up and it all adds up.

i keep a few fish in with my turtles... but i keep having to replace them every week,i dont know where they disappear to? ;)

Fish

mate has 2foot gibbiceps normal & albino, 2foot normal pleco's, 2foot clown knifefish & 20inch redtail cat of which it's fellow sibling is 2 &1/2 plus & is now at melbourne aquarium.

im givin up on fish, i have 1 sailfin gibbecip which is for sale. ive just sold up a breeding discus setup
previously spent an absolute mint on trophius, jaguars,texas, flowerhorns,oscars. any agressive south american cichlid ive had it. until i woke up and got into reptiles

mate has 2foot gibbiceps normal & albino, 2foot normal pleco's, 2foot clown knifefish & 20inch redtail cat of which it's fellow sibling is 2 &1/2 plus & is now at melbourne aquarium.

Im still yet to see an albino gibbiceps...it would be worth an absolute mint!

i had so many tropical fish in one big tank and they all caught some desease and could not swim straight. They all died except for the 50c feeder fish i put in there for meals. Lol devo. Never byeing fish again

would like 2 also see an albino gibbicep.. ive been into tropical for a while and never heard of one

I have a red bay snook, ($40)
Oscar ($15)
Pictus cat ($30)
Colony of frontosa ($700)
Trio of geophaugus branchybranchus ($50)
Not a poor mans hobby at all ;)

I HAD fantails and a Comet, heh common stuff but I liked them ^_^
the comet lived forever! but I stopped getting fantails cause cause they would die within a week... no one could tell me why and the pet shops were just snobs... I'd really like to get some fantails if anyone can tell me why they were dying and not the comet?

was a 1.5 foot wide tank so just smallish with an air filter and as far as I could tell the water was ok... when I get more I'll be getting a propper setup with water cleaning filter and stuff...

Were you watching the water conditions (and actually checking them)? Conditions in small tanks (like yours and mine) need to be monitored constantly because it can go downhill very very quickly, which can definitely kill your fish. It's entirely possible that your comet could deal with the water conditions (and probably the fluctuations), but the fan tails could not.

The fact that you didn't have a proper filter probably meant that there was a huge ammonia build up in the tank too.

I dont knows :( they've never died that fast before, we used to have them in just plain filterless tanks the same size and they lived for ages, I used the ager and the test strips and stuff, the strips said it was within an ok range... I'm wondering if the commet was stressing them?

Possibly. Could have just been those fish were weaker then others. I don't pay that much attention to gold fish :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back