Members who also own fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecko_ProCs

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just wanted to see how many reptile keepers out there also keep native fish, tropical fish, even a gold fish!

As i've recently been informed by a member (who will remain nameless for now) over PM attacking me for posting a saratoga for sale in the "non herp section" that
"the onli peerson hu would want a fish is sum1 hus scared of snakes orr r too poor for a reptile tooooooool "

I'd just like to see if his theory is true

So if you own reptiles and fish of any kind lets see what you've got!
and post pics to if you like! :D

lol "to poor for a reptile" some of the high end fish are worth alot more than a bearded dragon or a Coastal Python .......

I have plenty of fish, I think you will find heaps of people move from fish to reptiles for some reason.

Whoever sent you that sounds like a real twit!

i have a 4ft, 6ft, and 3 x 2fts! i love my fish!!!

I have 3 big barras that we raised up from fingerlings. The biggest one is now getting to around the 90cm mark!!! We keep them in a modified 5500L rainwater tank, and believe me, there is nothing inexpensive about keeping 3 massive barras when their favourite food happens to be fresh prawns....
Worth every cent though - they make awesome pets :)

I have an Australian lungfish. At $500.00, I wouldn't say its a poor mans pet. or should I say:

I m a peerson hu has a fish, nd was moore spensive den mah reptales. LOOOOOOOOL.

Thanks guys i knew i wasn't the only one

@ southern forest dragon : exactly! haha i tried to explain that to him but there's no reasoning with the ignorant

@ karly : Barra's are great! i have one to but he's no where near that big! i used to have a bullrout and a sleepy cod aswell got any photo's of your big barra's? i'd love to see them

@ miss 2 : wow you must have alot of fish!

@ cheyne_jones : i know aye, i kinda feel sorry for him because he has nothing better to do but flame some one because they have a fish

I have 3 big barras that we raised up from fingerlings. The biggest one is now getting to around the 90cm mark!!! We keep them in a modified 5500L rainwater tank, and believe me, there is nothing inexpensive about keeping 3 massive barras when their favourite food happens to be fresh prawns....
Worth every cent though - they make awesome pets :)

i use to have a barra and your right they are the biggest guts, i had to sell mine at a year old as it just got too big for my 3 foot tank. you could've thrown little children in it's tank and it would've eaten it.
now i have 4 goldfish which i want to get rid of to make room for more snakes....

hahaha!
good call obsessive!

he also wrote "its called aussie pythons not aussie fish god"

so i replied with, "by that logic you should be having a go at everyone selling lizards, turtles and frogs because they aren't "aussie pythons"

Whoever sent you that PM sounds like a real Wan**r. I also keep fish and have done so for longer than reptiles.

@ karly : Barra's are great! i have one to but he's no where near that big! i used to have a bullrout and a sleepy cod aswell got any photo's of your big barra's? i'd love to see them

Yeah sure I'll post some this arvo, at work ATM and all my pics are on my home computer. I wanna see some pics of obsessive's lungfish!

Thanks Geck82
you'd be right about that one
i expect i'll have another PM from him tonight or tomorrow

I have 2 tanks,one is tropical fish and the other is a salt water tank which has a few bream in it;)

i have a fish.. Conam.. he cost me $5 and he's red and i love him :) and im not scared of snakes & i have 4 reptiles which i paid for.. gee i must be EXTREMLY lucky if i can do all that..

Last edited:
Mate I have a 4 foot Marine set up, as far as too poor for a reptile goes its far more expensive keeping marine fish and a lot more maintenance............ sounds like the nob just dosent like fish hey

yeah i find it alot cheaper keeping my reptiles fed than my fish (not so much the Toga since he's still fairly small) but they go for a decent amount of money 30cm ones sell for 300+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back