mince or chicken for beardies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
simple answer is no, beardies ain't equipt to digest mammalian protiens and fats, can cause liver problems, just simply a bad idea

most beardies feed almost solely on vegies when they are older also.

You can feed them anything you want to, in small amounts anything non toxic is fine, as a main you should stick to a more natural, un processed diet.

I did offer it to my beardy once or twice but she showed no interest at all. But my little ackie on the other hand lapped it up. "Me, give it to me, its mine, I want it." lol

not as a staple, but mine occasionally get bits of human food if theyre eyeing off my plate during dinner,...bolognaise is a winner, i discovered that when i went to get a drink and found a beardy stuffing herself on my plate when i got back, lol,...

lol our bluey takes a lot of food as well, she loves cooked fish!

thanks again, so they can have a treat every now and then :)

MY little boy eating bolognese, he also loves chicken but only when he is good.:)
IMG_9462_8394.jpgIMG_9460_8392.jpg

not as a staple, but mine occasionally get bits of human food if theyre eyeing off my plate during dinner,...bolognaise is a winner, i discovered that when i went to get a drink and found a beardy stuffing herself on my plate when i got back, lol,...

I often eat my lunch and dinner at the coffee table in the lounge room. If Lizzy's about she get's very inquisitive and I'm sure she'd raid my plate if she got onto the coffee table and I wasn't there.... she likes people food too.

Your beardy sounds like a great lizard to live with .... not sure if my wife would appreciate a lizard on the dinner table watching us eat.

MY little boy eating bolognese, he also loves chicken but only when he is good.:)
View attachment 215013View attachment 215012
He's thinking - "Yumm !!!".... too bad about the horrible table manners though. LOL

lol our bluey takes a lot of food as well, she loves cooked fish!

thanks again, so they can have a treat every now and then :)

Next time we have fish, I'll try offering a little bit of it to Lizzy.

Last edited:
Hi. If you stick to the lean turkey mince if you're going to try - otherwise the fat content is too great for them, as said.
Trust me though, only VERY small portions & not more than once a wk - splatter poos galore, not pleasant!!!

A lot to said for giving your lizard the run of the house and the opportunity to try new things.

Pretty clear that beardy is a genuine member of the family , and he knows he is.

I wonder if he thinks he's your boss ?

lol, all my beardies (7 of them) think theyre boss, theyre incredibly demanding and im their slave,... :)

mine dont hang out on the dinner table btw, i eat at the coffee table in the loungeroom and the lizzies hang out on the back, if soemthing looks good they run down the lounge and leap onto the table, Hera decided she liked rice the other day, maybe she thought they were maggots, lol,..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back