Mites anyone?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate , your vids won't play for me, (had the same trouble with the one Paris sent me), do you have just an ordinary pic of a few in macro? I've had these little buggas a couple of times and would recognise theem if I could see them.

If ya wanna throw a few in some water and send 'em down to me I'll put 'em under my scope and shave a look for you. Prof scope. but haven't found my adapter yet so won't be able to snap them probably. Offers there if you want it mate :)

Ive allways been told never put liveing plants in my veverium you know what i mean (veverium ) :oops:

snakehunter said:
Hypoaspis (fungus gnat control)
"Hypoaspis is a predatory mite that lives near the soil surface and feeds on fungus gnat larvae and thrips pupae.
Hypoaspis are dispatched in an organic mixture that should be evenly scattered over the treatment area or spooned into the base of pots. The mites then migrate into the potting media and feed on soft bodied pests in the root zone." - from the site .
It says they feed on fungus gnat larvae and thrips pupae- nothing about other mites. It also says the mites migrate into the potting media (soil). I dont see how from this description that they would eradicate snake mite.

Yeah I know. It had me confused but it seems to work.

AH. Thats because its the typhlodromus mites.

What a bucnch of dummies :oops:

Davide I will take your offer mate. 2 for meplease. I have to say that I am one of the people who did not experienced the mites yet. I have no idea how they look. Hope that your snakes do not have them David.

No probs, Slatey. Phil : Too late - they've been thrown out, along with the paper towel they were on. I'll see if I can convert the file for you to a different format - thanks. Just a tip though - try downloading the latest version of Windows Media Player - it works in that ok. You might need to right-click the link to the vid and save it to your hard disk first. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back