mixing geckos?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymike

Reaction score
Hey guys

just got my first pair of little thick tailed geckos, and theyre going well

just wondering, is it possible if i wanted to put a couple marble geckos in there aswell?? could the 2 live together ok??

mike

There's a big size difference so the marbled geckoes would most likely end up as food.
I wouldn't recommend mixing any gecko species, they can all be very territorial in breeding season and with soft skin they can be injured easily.

I'm guessing you're referring to Christinus marmoratus? Oedura marmoratus (marbled velvet gecko) are closer in size but of tropical origin and probably have different habitat requirements to thick-tails anyway.

Length does not necessarily indicate size, thick tails are a larger (bulkier) and stronger lizard than marble geckos

I keep some P.platurus with milii, the enclosure has a 2ft high wall that the platurus stay on most of the time, where as the milii stay on the floor most of the time, if they do cross paths, they ignore each other. I have seen them laying on rocks within a meter of themselves in wild situations as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back