Mixing Lizards????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noskcajam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
People, give me your veiws on the this:-

I have two female (???) Central beardies in an enclosure. They have just started fighting at approx 1 year old and I am thinking of splitting them up if it doesn't get better.

Question:-

If I split them up, would anyone see a problem with mixing a Blue Tongue in the same enclosure????

Mark.

I have mixed 2 eastern w dragons and some blueys in the same enclosure and i have had no worries..........and also in another enclosure I have 5 gippsland w dragons and 4 juvie blueys with no quarrels...........i reckon just give it a go and see how it works out

just set up the enclosure for both environments

It depends. I had Pogona minor and young blueys in the same enclosure. Intesting to se the back half of a bluey sticking out of a beardies mouth knowing that he cant swallow anymore until its digested the front half.

Appropriate sizes are a major cinsideration.
Also had a baby(1mth)shingle back eat a baby cunningham.

I have two shingles and a bluey in together, happy as larry..... :lol:

As miss-mag has stated we do have these species living together and have not had a problem at all...but one thing i will point out is that our e.w.d and the blue tongues are around about the same size animals and the gippsland's and the smaller bluie's are also around the same size lizards

cheers

i have 10 bluey's,7 water dragons,2 stumpy's and 4 beardy's in one enclosure,no problem whatsoever.in another one i keep 3 water dragons and 2 lacey's all adult animals no problem.the water dragons sometimes sleep on the lacey's head when basking.
i would agree they are more than likely both males.

obee

Yep it is funny when you see mixed together,like lifting a log and finding a couple of bluies and an e.w.d curled up together

Ive kept diamonds an blueys in the same enclosure without mishap before.

Mixing species can sometimes work, but obviously not always, after all, as you've seen, it doesn't always work with conspecifics. I have a beardy in with two bluetongues and they get along really well, I've seen it done heaps of times without problems, but then again I also know of times it hasn't worked. Keep your eye on them if you put them together, as you'd do if you were sticking any two reptiles together.

I put 2 groups of cunninghams together and they seemed to tolerate each other until. A member of one group got separated and the other group ambushed it. Fortunately I was watching at the time and was able to get in and they all took off. That was the easy bit. Then followed hours of trying to catch the members of one group.
Sometimes you cant even keep the same species together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back