Moderator's Forum Breach

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without predjudice may I ask if the police were notified of a known pedophile trying to access childrens pictures?As a parent of children i would like to have been notified but also appreciate the fact that for every pedophile thats uncovered theres another 50 odd lurking amongst us that we would never know about.As parents and responsible adults it is up to us to control where and when our childrens pictures are displayed, not the moderators or administrators of forums.
Odie

Warning

People be carefull about what you say beyond this point. (No all I'm not the pedo).
You can be liable for defamation etc for making accusations that are not proven in a court of law.

Unless someone has been charged and found guilty they are presumed innocent.

But if someone knows more PM me.

Regards,

Shane

This should have SERIOUSLY been brought to the attention of ALL APS MEMBERS the moment this accusation had any credit. Clearly their MUST have been some credit or you would NOT have deleted his account . :evil: :x
We have got him quickly and deleted him. No harm was done. Anyway this sort of things are not new to anybody who use Internet. You don't post your children's photo around.

Moderators, or rather a particular moderator DID have access to our pms. He DID find valuable and private information.

Thankfully he is now gone.

Either way i am very unimpressed- what was shown seemed more like bitching than voicing concerns. What a horrible day.

Simone.

Hi people
I asked for pictures of kids holding snakes for the idea of posting them up in the kids corner section of our website about a year ago. So I hope there aren't people confusing me with who ever this alledged pedophile is or was. That would upset me in a way that nothing else could.

Cheers Dave Mackintosh

I think you might be safe.

It is a beautiful start to the day down here in Melbourne. Suns out, 3 days off, nothing to do, plenty to see, a new camera to play with.....................and my daughter is in bed after having her kidney stones blasted away again yesterday......................so I can't go anywhere...............................then again it's not all bad as I can play with the animals....

EVERYONE SMILE...................

This should have SERIOUSLY been brought to the attention of ALL APS MEMBERS the moment this accusation had any credit. Clearly their MUST have been some credit or you would NOT have deleted his account . :evil: :x

well said glimmerman :evil: Admin should of really let every member know about a perv

there are always going to be sicko's out there hiding your kids away and rapping them from head to toe is the only way to stop then....maybe.

Get real people if they had told you who it was or made a big deal everyone would have lost control of there emotions and flung insults at any and everyone that mentioned children, they banned him and so it was dealt with.
But guess what htere is always going to be a way for then to see pictures.... just take the information in and dont put pictures on the internet where ANYONE can get hold of them be it on this site or another.

As for the Original topic Most moderator do a good job.... same as most people on this site are good people... there will always be a few exceptions.

everyone says mean things to someone at some point its called constructive critissim (sorry spelling is really bad )take it on the chin and harded up.. who cares what people think about you you cant make everybody happy... give up now and settle for liking yourself... this is a good site with great information.... in the herp sections.. As for chit chat its all random stuff people just try not to take things so seriously

i might just add a little story to that my gradfather is a very strict german borderline natzi in attitude at times... and a bit of a health freak he goes to a pool to swim laps everyday for 3 years... one school holiday a lady starts leaving her daughter there alone twice a week so she see my grandfather and starts to chat with him and swim next to him... he lives In QLD alone as he likes the heat and we his family live in NSW so this cute little blonde kids chats happily away to him and he lets her he misses all his grandkids all of which are blonde kids like her to him she became a substitute granddaughter helps her learn to swim really good waits till her mother gets back before leaving ... generally just looks out for her they get a new manager in and straight away he was accussed of being a pedophile which he is not... he was so devistated at the thought of what people thought he was, when all he really is was is an old man that saw a single mother leave her young girl alone all day at the pools cause it was cheaper then day care she talked to him and they became friends and he looked out for her waited around helped her immprove her swimming.. but that one person came in and took one look at an old man taking to a little girl and decided he was a pedophile.. as soon as it was said everyone was all freaked out by him and wouldnt let him in..... mothers got upset the works...

i can see way people would not advertise a pedophile being on this site they did the right thing removing him and getting on with this.... people tend to jump to the wrong ideas when it involves there kids

oh and the mother of that little girl asked her daughter a few questions tracked him down and found out what pool he moved to and started leaving her daughter there... the litlle girl said nothing but good things about him and his help and after she talked to him decided he was a good guy!!!

This makes you think

That story is sad but and should never have happened. The manager at the Pool should have been dealt with rather severely. They could have at least had the courtesy to have checked with the mum and little girl prior to causing the fuss.

Hope your the old bloke sticks it right up em. (oops am I allowed to say that? TJ Whitten would have said the same thing).

reactions

i did mention he was a bit of a natzi... he got angry considered gassing them went red in the face then got over it....

People tend to react first and then think about it later....
which is why i believe that all members should not have been notified and that yes it should have been dealt with within the ranks.... otherwise PilbaraPythons Below)asking for pictures for something innocent may have been turned into something it wasnt...

sorry to use you as an example PilbaraPythons

Hi people
I asked for pictures of kids holding snakes for the idea of posting them up in the kids corner section of our website about a year ago. So I hope there aren't people confusing me with who ever this alledged pedophile is or was. That would upset me in a way that nothing else could.

Cheers Dave Mackintosh

:shock: I feel like i missed a bomb going off or something.
I'm glad to see this hasn't affected the threads relating to reptiles.

I have to agree with Glimmerman that we should have been informed. Although yes it is true there are perverts in every corner of this sorry little world i feel it's almost a duty of care that was breached in not letting us know once there was something tangible to go on.

I don't think people should up and leave though, i feel an element of this has been taken FAR too seriously. Take it for what it is people. This is a website, no one is infallible.
Of course someone has access to everything that goes on on here.

I feel like in a way this has all been blown out of proportion, maybe things were said or talked about that shouldn't have been but at the end of the day this is a place for people to get together and share their knowledge, opinions and experience about herps. While some like myself have only had a reptile for a few months, others have years of experience to share. It's all relative and i think it's important we don't lose scope of that fact.

Tsidasa, It looks like your getting to know everyone's personalities really well.

Herps is what this site is about. Knowedgable and informative people are required to leep this site running. and to help each other.

The jokers can stay. The idiots can leave. (where does that leave me?);)

Adam,

Feel free to read as many PM's of mine as you wish. I suggest might be a good past time if you are having problems getting to sleep. My PM's should have you pushing out Z's in no time.

As for the rest of you, treat everything you post on the Internet (including all email and PM's) like a post card, where what is written is free to be read by anybody who takes the time and has the opportunity to do so. The only thing that should be considered private about PM's is that they are not posted to the forums.

Just a side note to Adam saying he can read PM's. Most of these systems are designed in such a fashion that if Adam did go into the backlog to read a PM, other than taking him days to get through them, the system automatically sends an E-Mail to those persons whose account he has viewed. I had trouble with flaming between members (where I was the Moderator caught in-between), and saw in action how the Admin looked at the behind-the-scenes fight to sort it out. This should clear up any concerns you have about your PM privacy here.

Alan, (newbish member)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back