Monitor eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The male is slightly bigger and I just measured him to a svl of approx 11cm. His tail is about 15cm long.
Sdaji, I am using a mix of perlite and expensive exo-terra sand which has been washed and "oven baked". I have previously used this with storrs eggs and have had good success. But will look at trying something different in the future. What substrate do you use and at what ratio (substrate/water)?
I have seen your young gillens for sale before and have been very tempted.

Daniel

do they do ok on newspaper, i just cant really afford a heap of red sand if i do get some

and the sand i do use dont compact well

I haven't had any trouble with them on paper. I use some thin pieces of slate to cover the overlaps to stop them going under the paper.
I also raise young storrs on newspaper, just keep a close eye on them when they shed and increase humidity.

Daniel

kool, if you do sell the primorius or storrs what do you think the prices will b like?

I use perlite or vermiculite, 50:50 by weight in either case (although for the last two or three years I've mixed by feel and not by weight). After multi clutching multiple females each season for a few years, I've only lost two fertile eggs (both in perlite). Fertility of the eggs has been around 98-99%. The gilleni were copulating like mad yesterday and the girls have started digging, so it shouldn't be too long now (in goanna relative terms!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back