Monitor in Worongary

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzi2009

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just got to my nans house, she lives in Worongary, and on the way on the side of the road I saw this monitor but I didn't know what type. He was crossing the footpath and headed towards the bushland private property behind my Grandma's house.

It was browny coloured but had a yellowy patch on its neck.
Maybe about a metre in length from head to tip of tail, 1.5 even maybe. Hard to tell.
That's all I could really tell as we were driving past it. I told Dad and he turned around and we stopped on the side of the road and tried to find him. But he was heading into bushland anyway when I saw him so we assumed he must have got in there already as we couldn't find him.

If we had been 5 or 10 minutes earlier we could have seen him crossing the road :lol: How cute.
I'm just glad someone hadn't hit him.

Just wondering if anybody knows what it could have been :)

Edit - My Pop has seen lacies in there before and one time a huge one just strolled right past their fence line, but the one I saw today didn't look like any lacie I have seen before? Though I'm not much of a monitor person...
We also see heaps of water dragons around their area and have let heaps of coastal carpets free in there when my Dad and I used to have to remove them from our former friends averies. This was before they decided to chop half of it down because they had massive fires there a few years back. So they had to create a firebreak.

Probably a lacie, i get them in my local park, seen a few on the coast. Here is a pic of one of them

Could be a yellow spotted monitor or maybe a sand monitor if not a lacy.

Warren it didn't really have the other yellow markings on it, it just had like a solid patch of yellow on the back of its neck. However I wasn't that close so it could have had other markings that weren't as bold.

Sounds like a lacy, the others wouldnt have a solid yellow patch on the back of their neck.

Fair enough. I'm so annoyed I didn't have a camera or anything with me.
Made me think about buying a nice little digital for Xmas and carrying it around with me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back