Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just a mis-understanding. I thought Serp was gonna suggest it mighta been difficult getting them out. But I read on and see it isn't an issue. Sorry. I still think it looks great. They look like they love their holes and caves.

My Desert sand Monitor's sure do love their plastic tubes and burrows they dig themselfs in the sand pit, if they did not loke them why are they all breeding together in this enclosure they live and share together.

My Goulds, maybe a little overweight !!!!

Attachments

• Goulds.jpg
    Goulds.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Goulds 2.jpg
    Goulds 2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 198
turn it up craig :rolleyes: I've seen storrs monitors bigger than that mate :lol:
but varanus salvator around that size :D

Last edited:
Nice guoulds Craig , love what you've done with your back yard too ...;)

With all the discount Bali shops getting around these days, its easy to have a backyard like that !!!!

With all the discount Bali shops getting around these days, its easy to have a backyard like that !!!!

just dont go wearing that shirt on oxford street Craig :lol:

and your goulds looks like either a Gu'ald monitor (stargate locality) or asian water monitor (varanus salvator)
but I can't decide which one?? maybe the Gu'ald is a safe bet...

Here's my new monitor pit and it's inhabitant.
DSC_0391_resize.jpg

Vrosenbergi.jpg

I love the idea of the glass fence, does it sractch at all, i assume it wouldn't.

Boa, can you tell me a bit about your pits construction? How it is fixed to the ground, how deep down it goes etc?

nice boa would like to see many more pics of that enclosure as its being built!

Well believe it or not I didn't take any progress shots which for me is crazy as I am camera crazy.
Serpent, I used standard pool fence glass panels and posts concreted in about 400mm. The whole bottom is covered in heavy gauge wire mesh which comes under the glass panels. The back wall is steel sheets which bend down and come out about 600mm so there is no way he can dig under it.
The glass is toughened and is VERY hard to scratch.
I'm about to start a smaller one for Mertens and I will take photo's as I go.

Hey Boa, awesome pit! What area is that V. rosenbergi from? It's immaculate.

this is our female storrs looking a little red due to the desert sand she was kept on.... just need a male now :)
2nd pic was taken the day she escaped and wasnt too happy about being caught again lol

Attachments

• Storrs.jpg
    Storrs.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 102
  • P1020022.JPG
    P1020022.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back