monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgone

Reaction score
sup peoples,just wanted to know what would be a nice monitor to keep in doors and doesnt grow that big?thanks

hey moman, i would have to say that the ridgetail monitor would be the best one to keep indoors, they are a nice monitor and they dont grow to big, and easy to look after

Yep, I have to agree with Reptile 89, mine readily feed on live roaches, dog food and get the occasional pinkie for a treat. They tame up pretty good as well. :lol:

they can grow to about 70 to 80cms TL. however you can get smaller varieties such as the ones from Mt Isa. I have these and they are about 50cms or so.

I had Varanus Baritj which i sent to a good friend in Nth QLD as she has done a LOT for me.
I currently have a pair of kingorum. If you can afford either of these species and you can actually find a breeder I would hihgly recommend them

I don't know about other states but in NSW the only monitors you can have on a class 1 are accies,gillens,goulds and tristis. So unless you have a class 2 licence you are retricted to these monitors. I personally want them all. :twisted:

I'm sure there are a few people moman. Keep you eye out in the for sale sections. they go between $250 - $350.
That is I'm assuming you are talking about ridge tailed monitors.

Varanus Acanthurus - Oscellate Ridge-tailed Monitor.

Most of the small moniters are good, most are dead easy to keep, just check what you can keep on the license you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back