More eggs :-)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_Archibald

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well I set my alarm for 6am this morning, because my Varanus tristis girl has bloated and been digging furiously for the last 5 or 6 days. First thing I saw as I walked into the room was some lovely white :)

15 eggs laid and I was lucky enough to watch her nudging them around getting them just right. She buried them under a log this time...in dry substrate completely ignoring a nesting box and nice moist substrate at the cool end of the enclosure.

The first clutch had 13, of which 1 was definately infertile and another keeps puzzling me...not sure if I should throw it or not...hopefully 27 in total, but we'll see.

Simon Archibald

Congrats Simon!!!

How long till the first lot start hatching? and how long have they been incubating for already?

Congrats Simon!

Bet you can't wait to see them start hatching? But will you be able to part with them all ? LOL!

Neil

Al,
They've been incubating since October 27th...with a rough minimum incubation period of 90 days, they should start hatching probably very late January, early February. This period can be extended up to 137 days :-( Man I can't wait!!!

Neil,
I may just surprise myself and be able to part with them ;-) I'm going to keep back a few from the first clutch though.

Craig,
Indeed I won't be throwing it out until it's filthy. The one egg I already tossed turned blue/green and stunk. Just muck inside it when opened.

Simon Archibald

Indeed I won't be throwing it out until it's filthy. The one egg I already tossed turned blue/green and stunk. Just muck inside it when opened.
Yeah, I find that the egg container stunks when you open it if there is a bad egg in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back