More Townsville wildlife

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Townsvillepython :D I haven't had a chance to go yet, trying to keep up on top of the uni work, and been riding my bike a lot lately (now have a buggered knee as a result). Perhaps this weekend I shall head up to the river and have a look :)

I know what those birds are! The water bird is a Black-fronted Dotterel, and the doves are Bar-shouldered Doves. The red tailed black cockatoo is a female as well, in case you didn't know!

Yeah, I know my parrots pretty well :) I wasn't sure on the other two though, as parrots are my favourite and I seem to remember them better lol

I came across some glossy black cockatoos the other day, couldn't believe my luck! They sound like baby red tails!
Pitty you couldn't get closer to the monitors...

Awesome pics! and funny commentary too..

The pale-faced, big eyed yellow snake you saw.. could that have been a common green tree snake? They have a dainty little head, big eyes and they emit a foul odour if touched. I picked up a hatchling a few months ago and my hands stunk for ages afterwards, lol..

I was a Townsville girl for 10 years.. Whereabouts in Tsv were the pics taken?

thats why you got the grab the snake before it gets away lol,then you dont have to wonder what it was :D
sometimes you got to do a one handed dive grab

Good to see you're worried about the snake, Akasha! (I seem to put myself in potential danger trying to preserve our reptilian friends on roads, lol, so I wouldn't risk hurting them!)

If it were a more 'hidden' spot I wouldn't give the exact location, but its already a pretty popular place, so I'll tell you- It's the town common, at Pallarenda, Tville :)

I can't reliably comment any more on the yellow/cream snake I saw- it was little, it was yellow, and had big eyes, but was too fast for me to see any more! Yes, I know snakepimp, I shoulda grabbed it based on you're advise, but what can I say- I'm a majorly paranoid wuss! lol

Great report and photos, looks like you had a great time. I love those geckos. Thats something we dont see too many of down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back