Morelia Boeneli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are certainly an awesome python, after seeing the one at ARP I wanted my own....LOL

NCHERP,

Yes it was Duncan, a really nice bloke, we went out with him for a meal and he showed us all around his park and his breeding facility. He had huge fenced off areas full of chameleons sort of free range, it took spotting but his workers seemed to know exactly where to look. It's just lucky I didn't have any room in my suitcase after going to see his stuff :)

Captive Hatching is a lot diferent to captive breeding.
Captive Hatching invloves going and getting a gravid female, waiting for her to lay eggs then hatching them.
I've no doubt they manage to do this quite often in Indonesia, they do it with GTP's all the time.
Captive Breeding is another thing altogether and if they were doing this regularly, a lot of people would want to know how.

Magpie said:
Captive Hatching is a lot diferent to captive breeding.
Captive Hatching invloves going and getting a gravid female, waiting for her to lay eggs then hatching them.
I've no doubt they manage to do this quite often in Indonesia, they do it with GTP's all the time.
Captive Breeding is another thing altogether and if they were doing this regularly, a lot of people would want to know how.

Mags, that's why I put it in brackets! :wink:
They have to tell the indonesian goverment that they are captive breeding the snakes, and they do, but not with all the species and individuals that produce egg's or young, alot are still caught gravid and egg's hatched.

Neil

Easy to maintain, but only one clutch has ever been hatched in captivity, I think they had 2 or 3 babies.
There is a few of the in the US, maybe some in Europe too, but less than 100 overall I'd say.

They are nutoriously difficult to keep, atleast here. But here's a link to a guy who's working with some on Vancouver Island. Can't wait to get some of these guys. http://www.kingsnake.com/donpatterson/main.html

Great shots! Truely one of the most impressive snakes out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back