Morelia Bredli beginner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinifex

Reaction score
I have two questions:
1. What is a good minimum size enclosure for an adult Bredli?
2. Living near Wodonga (NE Vic), would anyone advise against keeping my Bredli in an outdoor enclosure, with no heating, through the summer?

1200wide, 500deep, 900high, don't really need the hight but they will use it if it's given to them. If your only planning on the one snake and space allows, go all out.

Unsure how hot/cold summer is your way so can't comment sorry.

cheers.

Thanks Doc.
summer here is long and mostly hot and dry with occasional periods of humidity. The days range between 28 and 38 generally and nights not much below 13.
also, I have been moving the snake in and out, from his enclosure in the garage to the outdoors arrangement. Is this a good or bad idea? He has not eaten in almost a month, despite being offered small adult rats.

Aside from Diamonds it's too cold here to leave most snakes outdoors, even in Summer.
I have a 2.5m bredli and I wouldn't keep him in any temps lower than about 17-18. They require some of the highest temps of all Australian snakes.
Our chills are just too unpredictable this far south even in summer to risk it.

Thanks Doc.
summer here is long and mostly hot and dry with occasional periods of humidity. The days range between 28 and 38 generally and nights not much below 13.
also, I have been moving the snake in and out, from his enclosure in the garage to the outdoors arrangement. Is this a good or bad idea? He has not eaten in almost a month, despite being offered small adult rats.

Id say moving him back and forth might be keeping him unsettled and why he will not eat. How often are you switching him around?

Thanks Prof.
I've only moved him in and out four times, but on your thoughts and those of arevenant, I think I'll move him back indoors with his lamp etc and leave him there.
i am thinking of creating a corner enclosure in my workshop, where he can have his lamp, and insulated walls. A hole through the wall to an outdoors enclosure would allow him to venture out if he felt inclined.

cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Aerevenant.
are you somewhere near Wodonga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back