Most popular dogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minie Foxi.. But don't like a 10 year old girl get ahold of one:

Astro.jpg

Thanks, we think so too. He is soooooo loved and spoilt. You can;t really see it but he has a tear running down just under his eye in that shot. It was very artistic. IMO they are the greatest dogs in the world, but you have to love big slobbery smelly dogs, and allow them inside touching you or they cry!

Same with Golden Retrivers :) <3 big dogs :D

hey, we have had many dogs over the years, some mongrels, german sheppard, labrador, doberman, fox terrier, poodle, golden retriever, chihuahua etc.
the best would be the lab, sheppard and fox terrier.
the sheppard was prob the smartest, most reliable and sensible but was big and smelly.
the lab was also a bit smelly but very friendly. the fox terrier (my fav) had loads of personality, was very active but not very kind to local herp populations :(

Number old people love lap dogs, for freinds it saves lonnyness more people liveing by their selfs number2 people are now liveing closer and don,t have places for big dog small yards small dogs number 3 every one love them kid,s young women guy,s trying to pick up chics with small cute dog,s. And old people. So small fuffy maltese half breeds you don,t even need papers and you can flog them off for 400$ with papers 600$+ where would we be with out our dogs i love them like all pet,s you have to keep them for life and love them and look after them untill death do we part. Cheers every one

After breeding show dogs for over 20 years. If you seriously think you will make money then you need to think again. There is food,vaccinations,microchips,registration papers, initial purchase of the dogs. Vet bills if anything goes wrong during /after whelping. Dog Breeding like reptile breeding should only be done to better the breed and not to make money. On saying this we had a waiting list for our puppies, as we took the time to go to the shows and won Best Of Breed at the Sydney Royal 10 out of 11 times. Dog breeding is a lot of hard work.

Golden retreiver and shizu puppies are the best, so cute, and we have
a shizu puppy, you have to get one.

i dont no how to spell it but there fluffy an white an have the cutest personalities its like beesion freash hehe breed them

[It's Bichon Frise - Mods:p]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure Staffies Rule. They are the best dogs in the world. Had 2 for 14 years and another 2 yrs now we got after our first 2 passed on. Raised 2 kids with the first 2 and now our 6 and 9 yr olds best friend is Zaine the staffy. Just my opinion anyway. Anything should be pure as far as I'm concerned, especially Bull terrier varieties.

I agree, you should not breed for the reasons that you are. Just leave it for responsible breeders that don't do it for the money. It's a lot of work and a lot of problems arise if you don't know what your doing.

It's easy to let dogs mate but they need to be properly prepared, have the right diet, you have to be there to watch over them, be prepared to take action if there are any complications (which could cost you a fortune).

Also you have to wait and give the bitch a break as they are not mass pup producers. To do it properly, it requires a lot of money, you will make it back, but only to break even, if that.

If you want to breed properly, pick a breed that YOU like, go talk to some registered breeders and do it the right way. BUT if you're doing it for the money don't do it at all.

Guys who are saying breeding for money is wrong i agree with you if it is done in a bad way like if you have them all stuffed into small cages and not feeding,grooming or exercising them properly but we live on a farm and these dogs would be so well taken care of and loved so much that its not like that at all.
My mum already has a job but she wants to do something with animals that will earn a little extra cash even if it dosent earn her anything at all she'll still love doing it and having lovely little pups around the house

Wanting to make extra money isn't wrong (we all need it these days) but breeding dogs for extra money really will not happen. In my books there are three types of dog breeders 1st the one's that do it for the money, it never works in the end because you may get one or two good runs and walk away with some money in your pocket but then you may get two, three or four bad runs after that, that will quickly chew up any earnings you previously made. Like someone else said these people don't last long because after a few bad runs, they give or sell there dogs off because it didn't work out. 2nd is the serious dog breeders, people who are breeding for health, quality and all round better quality dog, these people breed because they love that perticular breed of dog and want to do everything possible to make it's overall appearance and health better, any money made is just a extra bonus but from experience the main figure sounds nice but when you start taking everything into consideration it's not a lot. and then last but not least you have the type of people who are irrasponsible dog breeders, the one's who just have any old bitser dogs or even worse two dogs from the same litter m/f that don't get them desexed or don't prevent there bitches from getting pregnant and just breed any old type of dog with numerous future problems (which of course ends up the buyers problem). If you's are serious about wanting to breed dogs and are doing it more for the love of dogs then for the money then there are many breeds to choose from and I wish you the best of luck. But if u want to breed pure bred dogs remember you will have to get into a society who will have strict regulations and rules, then outlay money to purchase your dogs (going off health, looks weither they will match as a mating pair) then outlay for needles/ wormer/ flea treatment and of course food and that's just the basics. Then when mating times comes you will spend coutless days locking your bitch up keeping her from getting to any other male than the one u want her with (which means lots of mess and time and patience) then there's a whole week with nothing but hassles trying to get these two hopeless dogs to breed as pure breds are not always easy (not like a kelping getting in through the fence lol), then 58 - 63 days later if all goes well you have a bitch digging everything trying to find a spot to have her pups (which won't be were u want) and coutless nights of not sleeping thinking she's coming into labour (as u need to be there for her if you want a sucessful rate of your pups surviving). Then the big time comes and you have these puppies being born (hopefully your there for it) which can go on for a few hours of not leaving the room, helping them with all the mucky stuff (and I promise it isn't fun), the smell the blood just picture it. Then hopefully if all has gone well you should have a few pups (hopefully lost none or had any problems in the process that require a expensive vet to come out in the middle of the night). U then are left with a mother dog that most times more than not specially if there first litter hasn't got a clue what she's doing, is laying on pups, not feeding like she should and god only knows what else (mind u by now your so tired u just want to drop). And then you will have to make sure these pups have supervised feedings (sometimes bottle feed) every 3 hrs without delay, you can't go anywere (or not for very long) and your cleaning up mess every couple of hours which is not a pretty site or smell and you will have more flies than you ever new exsisted. Then comes wormers etc. Then you got to wean your pups (if nothing has gone wrong by now) and then comes the expense of food, time getting them to eat and drink, more wormer needles etc, puppies that are barking, into everything, don't want to be were u think they should etc etc. And then finally after 7 - 12 weeks after you've paid for and got all there papers, needles, wormers and food you can then think of selling them to there new homes (and that's not were the fun stops) you'll have poeple that have problems, people that don't pay what they should or want a refund for god only knows what reason. Sorry for the long post and I'm not trying to deter you but this is what happens with breeding dogs, expecially pure breds (I know from plenty of experience and I only just done it three months ago so it's very clear :lol: ). If you honestly think u can easily handle this, and can afford all the outlays then by all means give it a go (but I'm honestly not exadurating (mind spelling). And like mentioned earlier this is a good run so just picture a bad and your mum will find it very hard to work at the same time as pups (it won't happen) expecially if you want all to survive. Hope this helps in making your decision. I currently also breed australian bulldogs, our kennel is bribie island bulldogs and they are a great breed of dog but if you decide you want to breed something like these guys than you must be dedicated to breeding them for quality not money.

Wanting to make extra money isn't wrong (we all need it these days) but breeding dogs for extra money really will not happen. In my books there are three types of dog breeders 1st the one's that do it for the money, it never works in the end because you may get one or two good runs and walk away with some money in your pocket but then you may get two, three or four bad runs after that, that will quickly chew up any earnings you previously made. Like someone else said these people don't last long because after a few bad runs, they give or sell there dogs off because it didn't work out. 2nd is the serious dog breeders, people who are breeding for health, quality and all round better quality dog, these people breed because they love that perticular breed of dog and want to do everything possible to make it's overall appearance and health better, any money made is just a extra bonus but from experience the main figure sounds nice but when you start taking everything into consideration it's not a lot. and then last but not least you have the type of people who are irrasponsible dog breeders, the one's who just have any old bitser dogs or even worse two dogs from the same litter m/f that don't get them desexed or don't prevent there bitches from getting pregnant and just breed any old type of dog with numerous future problems (which of course ends up the buyers problem). If you's are serious about wanting to breed dogs and are doing it more for the love of dogs then for the money then there are many breeds to choose from and I wish you the best of luck. But if u want to breed pure bred dogs remember you will have to get into a society who will have strict regulations and rules, then outlay money to purchase your dogs (going off health, looks weither they will match as a mating pair) then outlay for needles/ wormer/ flea treatment and of course food and that's just the basics. Then when mating times comes you will spend coutless days locking your bitch up keeping her from getting to any other male than the one u want her with (which means lots of mess and time and patience) then there's a whole week with nothing but hassles trying to get these two hopeless dogs to breed as pure breds are not always easy (not like a kelping getting in through the fence lol), then 58 - 63 days later if all goes well you have a bitch digging everything trying to find a spot to have her pups (which won't be were u want) and coutless nights of not sleeping thinking she's coming into labour (as u need to be there for her if you want a sucessful rate of your pups surviving). Then the big time comes and you have these puppies being born (hopefully your there for it) which can go on for a few hours of not leaving the room, helping them with all the mucky stuff (and I promise it isn't fun), the smell the blood just picture it. Then hopefully if all has gone well you should have a few pups (hopefully lost none or had any problems in the process that require a expensive vet to come out in the middle of the night). U then are left with a mother dog that most times more than not specially if there first litter hasn't got a clue what she's doing, is laying on pups, not feeding like she should and god only knows what else (mind u by now your so tired u just want to drop). And then you will have to make sure these pups have supervised feedings (sometimes bottle feed) every 3 hrs without delay, you can't go anywere (or not for very long) and your cleaning up mess every couple of hours which is not a pretty site or smell and you will have more flies than you ever new exsisted. Then comes wormers etc. Then you got to wean your pups (if nothing has gone wrong by now) and then comes the expense of food, time getting them to eat and drink, more wormer needles etc, puppies that are barking, into everything, don't want to be were u think they should etc etc. And then finally after 7 - 12 weeks after you've paid for and got all there papers, needles, wormers and food you can then think of selling them to there new homes (and that's not were the fun stops) you'll have poeple that have problems, people that don't pay what they should or want a refund for god only knows what reason. Sorry for the long post and I'm not trying to deter you but this is what happens with breeding dogs, expecially pure breds (I know from plenty of experience and I only just done it three months ago so it's very clear :lol: ). If you honestly think u can easily handle this, and can afford all the outlays then by all means give it a go (but I'm honestly not exadurating (mind spelling). And like mentioned earlier this is a good run so just picture a bad and your mum will find it very hard to work at the same time as pups (it won't happen) expecially if you want all to survive. Hope this helps in making your decision. I currently also breed australian bulldogs, our kennel is bribie island bulldogs and they are a great breed of dog but if you decide you want to breed something like these guys than you must be dedicated to breeding them for quality not money.

Why don't you tell how you really feel , after i go and make myself a cup of tea and a handful of panadol .
Please try and put some ( just a couple ) of spaces between your sentences , some old people on here .. LOL

grafton chic what dogs did you get bob or whatever 10times out of 11 withat the royal?

We have 2 show american staff's that are great dogs but as alot of people have said they cost money and alot of it. hope she reconsiders and just gets a breed to suit her and keeps it as a pet.

Spot on Alana, i have been keeping and breeding Bull Terriers for 15-16 years and i'm still poor, especially after today. My 9 month old bitch swallowed something she shouldn't have and it caused an obstruction in her small intestine, so i had to take her in for an emergency operation to have it removed. It has ended up costing me just under $4000 for her treatment, i contemplated putting her down but just couldn't do it.

Why don't you tell how you really feel , after i go and make myself a cup of tea and a handful of panadol .
Please try and put some ( just a couple ) of spaces between your sentences , some old people on here .. LOL

All appologies people for the long post, was more worried about trying to get the true facts out there rather than grammar checking. If it was that hard to read then by all means don't read it. QUOTE: some old people on here lol, what exactly is that suppose to mean?

timber shepards they are a cross between timber wolf and german shepard they are bred for security dogs they are very good and easily trained

I think if your mum really wants to do something with dogs , coz im guessing she just wants to do it coz she loves dogs not for the money , why not start like a dog rescue thing there are so many mistreated or stray dogs out there that need a little bit of love or someone to help find a new home im guessing if she wanted to breed she would have a little bit of space so i think helping to home ownerless dogs is a better option rather than creating more dogs to be left homeless or mistreated i know i would rather buy a dog that needed a home they are usually the ones that turn out with better personalitys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back